Burns me up

FLATHEAD

Captain
OK so this is a rant, I dont think I ever posted a rant before but here goes. <br /><br />The wife and I go out to dinner on the weekends. We enjoy going out for a couple beers and some good food. Some of the places we go have a bar and seating all in the same room. This is what just eats me up,, These lowlife parents that sit at the bar and get drunk and leave the kids sitting at a table or give them money to play the video machines. <br /><br />We just got back from one of the local bars that has a clam special on fridays. We went for dinner and there was two young kids about 9 and 7 I would guess, sitting at a table next to the bar while mom and dad sat at the bar and did shot after shot and beer after beer :mad: The little boy was trying to be like dad and was guzzling his soda. Then to add insult to injury the waitress brought the kids some food and mom turned around and took it to the bar for her and dad :mad: It was all I could do not to go over and slap the $#@# out of both of them. <br /><br />I will tell ya this, If I was a bartender there would never be any kids at the bar, or sitting at a table waiting on mom and dad. <br /><br />I see more and more of this all the time, it is a shame the kids aint got a chance. <br /><br />Does anyone else here notice this??<br /><br />Ok I'm done my rant now :D Sorry JB. :)

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Burns me up

I do not go in places that serve liquor so I can't comment on this, but I do know that it gets bad when they just turn the kids loose and don't pay any attention to them.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

In many places children are not allowed in places that serve alcohol, or are not allowed after a certain time.<br /><br />Seems to me like a good idea.

Bassy

Lieutenant Commander

I'm surprised the owner doesn't handle that. The bartender is an employee. This is an owner situation. But I agree that kids need to be supervised by their parents in any restraunt. But have seen many where this doesn't happen. Bad problem and not very good business.<br />Bassy

Fly Rod

Commander

:) In Mass. Kids are not allowed at the bar!!!<br />I agree with you 100%!!!!<br />Remember one thing!!! They are there to make money!!! So if there is no complaint with the locale liqour board nothing will happen!!!<br /><br />Get use to it!!! you must be a young!!!<br /><br />Remember ! when it isn't about money !! Well it is all about money!!!!<br /><br />And don't you believe other wise!!!! ;) :cool:

FLATHEAD

Captain

Originally posted by Fly Rod:<br />[QB] :) <br /><br />Get use to it!!! you must be a young!!!<br />QB]
LMAO, I wish I was young. :D The reason the wife and I can go out to these places is because our kids grown and on there own. :D

tylerin

Commander

Not to mention the losers will be driving these poor kids home drunk :mad:

pjc

Lieutenant Commander

no offence, but you could call the cops or a social type of pro....these folks (can't refer to same as parents) probably alchys. This behavior will be passed on to the kids kids and so forth. In my younger days of hanging in Milwaukees dive bars seen this chit all the time. I did nothing. <br /><br />On the other hand, don't go there if ya don't like seeing this stuff. Change the channel man!!!

11 footer

Lieutenant

In MA children are not allowed to sit at a bar during ANY time of the day. Children are not allowed into many places after a 10:00 at night.<br /><br />In my dads restaurant the floor plan makes drinking at the bar with your underaged kids impossible. First off, they are not allowed to sit at the bar. The bar in the middle of the restaurant, but they aren't any tables near it, they are separated my dividers, so it never happens their.<br /><br />Their isn't really any law that could stop parents from doing this, bad parents are going to be bad parents, simple as that. Its sad, too.

f_inscreenname

Commander

I sat many of weekend day in the local VFW hall with those tiny bags of chips, little bar glass sodas and a fist full of quarters for the juke box and pool table (both parents were hard core alcoholics till they died). Even though its a memory my wife and I both share from our parents we will not be passing that experience on to our kids.

BiXLL

Petty Officer 1st Class

I too remember spending many a night at the bar as a youngster. I don't even drink, so I doubt my kids were affected.

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral

need a license to catch a fish, but any idiot<br />can have children. being a parent takes an adult<br />and there's lotsa folks who have children, yet<br />are not parents or even adults regardless of age.