Bunk Length???

wilieha

Seaman Apprentice
Burrrrr. Its cold down here in the Southland--Onto question. My pontoons have only 2 seams -one at the aft end and one just as the cone begins. These are 20 foot apart. Does it have to rest on the seams when on the trailer bunks? it was on its keels on flat boards when I got it. I have installed angled bunk mounts for 2x6 lumber. The lumber is exactly 20 feet long. should I add some length to the bunks?
Thanks and stay warm.
Wilieha

steelespike

Supreme Mariner
Re: Bunk Length???

I would think it would be fine just don't drag the boat over the edge if the water is low.
As you would with any boat.

5150abf

Vice Admiral

You should be fine, the problem comes when you point load the tubes like setting them on a 2x4 across the tubes but your set up should be fine since you are distrubuting the weight over the whole tube.

A 20' tube section is huge, what kind of boat is it, the longest we go is 10 1/2'

wilieha

Seaman Apprentice

Boat is a 1986 Starcraft 240sd/90 hp Yamaha. I thought that was auto like signatures.
Bill

rickdb1boat

Supreme Mariner

Those U shaped logs on the Starcraft are long suckers. I had a 20' Sundancer that was the same way. Pretty much one piece from the nose cone on back. Here's a pic of another 1986 Starcraft 240..

starcraft.jpg

wilieha

Seaman Apprentice

Thanks Rick,
I have truly enjoyed the forum and especially the knowledge gained from the others more pics to come soon.