Bummed out

fatpratt1996

Petty Officer 1st Class
I am a fan of fishing all by my lonesome but when you get your hopes up in potentially competing for $5,000, it sucks when your partner backs out at the last minute. The tourney costs $150 a boat so I needed him for the entry money, plus his fish contributions came in handy too. I know that I had many shoulders here to cry on 'cause my wife could care less, she tries not to act like it but I can tell. I even bought a bunch of new fish catchers too. sniff-sniff

LubeDude

Admiral
Re: Bummed out

When is the tourney, or is it over, Contact a local Bass Club and ask if there is anyone without a boat that wants to fish with you.<br /><br />Bummer, Ive had that happen years ago.<br /><br /> Check here

John_S

Rear Admiral

I feel for ya. That certainly sucks! If I lived nearby, and you wanted someone, that has little big mouth bass fishing experience, never fished a real money tournament, and didn't have all the right tackle for the job...... Yep, LubeDude has some good advice. I bet there is someone at the club just itching to get on a boat. Good Luck.

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

I got a commitment to another trip already else I'd offer to chip in, not that I'm that great a bass fisherman, or ever fished Lake Lewisville except for sandies.<br /><br />Try www.texasfishingforum.com - they got a "partner finder" section. I bet you can find somebody lookin for an empty back seat for this tourney.

walleyehed

Admiral

You're a short drive for me....I'd join ya if you need another half.<br />kenneth.sanderson2@verizon.net

Dhadley

Supreme Mariner

$75 a head? Thats cheap!! Tourneys around here are usually about $500 a boat with 4 folks max.<br /><br />Well, maybe not now -- too few boats left. And we're still doging debris in the bay....

fatpratt1996

Petty Officer 1st Class

Walleyehed, I have been advised from the Missis that it would not be in our best interest to fish in any tournaments this weekend, and sor a while that is. I truly appreciate your offer and really hope to be able to call upon you in the future. As soon as I can get into one I will call out for you, since my partner has now come down with a pretty serious back problem and more than likely will be off the boat for a while. Don't worry I'll come up with some extra $ soon enough to get into one, because my first tournament was just a fluke as I know that I am better than most out there. Thanks man keep in touch