Bullet Boats

fatpratt1996

Petty Officer 1st Class
Hey guys and gals. Just wondering if anyone here has or has had a boat called Bullet. I was looking at the Tritons but I think i have found a new dream boat. Upon my research, I have found that these boats are like tritons on steroids. And it looks as though these boats have a cult like following. I haven't seen one without sweet modifications and they mostly claim to have a 900 lb. hull and go at least 80 on the water. These guys seem to keep them as clean as the day they pulled them home. It even looks like the models haven't changed for years. I found an '85 model for 8,800 that claims to go 90 mph. It's clean as a whistle. Most that I've seen seem to have factory racing engines on them minus one I saw which said it was only a 200 hp. Anyway anybody with any info would be greatly appreciated as I think I found the only to cheat on my wife and get away with it. Just imagine, 90-100 mph. I' gotta go now and start the slow introduction to my wife about this hopefull purchase. Thanks in advance

LubeDude

Admiral
Re: Bullet Boats

I have never actually seen one so I couldnt say anything about the quality of them or the fishability either, but I do know that they are light and fast. Look it over real good, and see if you can actually fish out of it before you buy it. Fast is one thing, a nice comfortable boat to fish out of is quite another. Better be clean as a whistle for $8,800.00 though.<br /><br />Better than sex, well I wont comment on that one. :eek: :eek:

BoatBuoy

Rear Admiral

Bullet's are built very close to me, just a few miles. I've known many who've owned them, two guys I know well are on their second. Never heard a complaint. They are the local competitor to Allison and Norris Craft, both also built in the vicinity.

Chris1956

Supreme Mariner

Fatpratt, I saw several of them here in NJ, some years ago. They were the "pocket" speedboat (12-13' in length and 25 HP) type. They seem to have disappeared in favor of the jet boats and "Wave Runner"-type PWCs. They were a bit small for the bay, since it is not unusual to have 2-3' waves. I would bet they were a bit wet under those conditions.

BoatBuoy

Rear Admiral

Chris,<br /> I'm not sure you and Fatpratt are talking about the same "Bullet". All Bullet's are > 20 ft. and rated "unlimited" on horsepower. It's true they would maybe a bit small for the bay, but they are truly a full size bass boat more adapted for inland waters. What exactly is a "pocket" speedboat? I'm unfamiliar with that term.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

My buddy has a Bullet 21XDC with a 300 merc on it and he says, ans another buddy says so too, that it has been clocked at 102MPH on Kentucky Lake.<br />I have rode in it once when he first got it and it did run good, but to me, the ride was a little rough, not bad, but still it was there when you would hit some wakes.<br /><br />It weighs, I think right at 1350.<br />He also said it had a bad spot in it where it would fall off the pad and you either mashed the gas and drove through it or let up on it some for it to calm down.

skeeterboy

Petty Officer 1st Class

you want a dream machine then check out an allison bass boat. They can top 75-80 with a 140 on the back and hit well over the 110 mark with the merc racing motor. Although they are prob the fastest, bullet makes a REALLY nice boat you can go wrong with one. I think the tritons and the rangers are way over priced and your buying the name. Have fun with it when and if you get it. Check these out http://www.bassboatcentral.com/allison.htm <br />now thats a boat!

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Originally posted by skeeterboy:<br />now thats a boat!
Yea and here is one also.<br />
0.jpg
<br /> :D :D

skeeterboy

Petty Officer 1st Class

yea i saw that boat, homer face wipes face. thats a nice boat!

Chris1956

Supreme Mariner

Boatbouy, The Bullet boats I saw were the shape of narrow, Deep Vee, cigarette-type hulls, but were 12 feet or less in length. They sat two folks side by side, and ususally had 25-50 HP outboards.

xikxak

Petty Officer 1st Class

102 MPH. what are you guys doing,ropeing those fish? :D dave