Building Network for Career growth

steam_mill

Chief Petty Officer
After a very successful career at my present employer, it is time for a change. My current employer is great but my only opportunities for growth are to move south to Boston. I would do it but my wife is very close to her family.<br /><br />I'm technical consultant specializing in enterprise level applications utilizing web front ends and Oracle or MS SQL databases. I'm an MCSE with excellent communication skills able to design and implement complex solutions.<br /><br />I need to stay in the Toronto area and am looking for an organization with growth potential.<br /><br />I can provide a copy of my resume for any interested.<br /><br />My email is joe.sue.ferreira@kronos.com.<br /><br />Postings to the board are great to.<br /><br />Tx.<br /><br />Joe

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Building Network for Career growth

Wish you the best of luck, SM.<br /><br />Flexibility of location used to be a big factor in career growth. Made a lot of difference in mine.

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral

why not do what I did and go into biz 4 yurself?<br />IT job market is tuff right now. do you have good<br />relationships with any large end-user accounts?<br />I sell HP/Compaq enterprise class servers and<br />storage to end users (even old DEC) and sell hot<br />spares to maint. companies.<br />good luck ;) <br />M.Y.

samagee

Chief Petty Officer

In our business SM, it is best to be flexible on location. At least that is what I have found. The IT job market is very thin right now. <br /><br />In fact, when my kids are out of the home, I plan to live on a boat and move around. I feel that the IT business allows that kind of flexibility.<br /><br />Good hunting.

steam_mill

Chief Petty Officer

I would like to move around. Actually, I would like to move to the country but my wife needs to be close to her family.<br /><br />I would like to do the on my own thing but I'm not a sales man. To be successful, you have to sell at least one third of the time.<br /><br />I'm willing to take 25% pay reduction as long as the position has substantial (or potential) Canadian operations for my own personal growth.<br /><br />Tx.<br /><br />Joe

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral

understand... already have a few contractors in<br />yur shoes up in Toronto area right now.<br />if you have good contacts for end-users<br />that buy HP stuff, you get me the lead, I'll do<br />the sales and you do install, and we can split<br />the profit 50/50... easier than u may think ;) <br />if no, I can ask around up there. have lotsa<br />customers/vendors in Toronto.<br />go leafs!<br />(hate dang flyers)<br />M.Y.