BUCKEYES WIN!!

BrianFD

Senior Chief Petty Officer
With today's 21-37 big win over the 9-2, 7-1 Wolverines in front of 105,456 spectators in Ohio Stadium, THE Ohio State University Buckeyes rescued their season and were absolved of their sins for the losses this season. The Buckeyes end their season 7-4, 4-4, with a bowl bid expected. Hail, Coach Tressel! Hail, the Buckeyes!<br /><br /> Carmen Ohio <br />Oh! Come let's sing Ohio's praise, <br />And songs to Alma Mater raise; <br />While our hearts rebounding thrill, <br />With joy which death alone can still. <br />Summer's heat and Winter's cold, <br />The season pass, the years will roll; <br />Time and change will surely show <br />How firm thy friendship -- O hi o.<br /> <br />These jolly days of priceless worth, <br />By far the gladdest days of earth, <br />Soon will pass and we not know <br />How dearly we love Ohio. <br />We should strive to keep thy name <br />Of fair repute and spotless fame; <br />So, in college halls we'll grow <br />To love thee better -- O hi o <br /><br />Though age may dim our mem'ry's store, <br />We'll think of happy days of yore, <br />True to friend and frank to foe, <br />As sturdy sons of O hi o. <br />If on seas of care we roll, <br />'Neath blackened sky, o'er barren shoal, <br />Thoughts of thee bid darkness go, <br />Dear Alma Mater -- O hi o.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: BUCKEYES WIN!!

I'm glad you are so happy about it, Brian.<br /><br />What about the people to whom this was bad news?

BrianFD

Well, you know, JB, I probably should feel some sympathy for them. However, I just can't. Might be because I bleed Scarlet & Gray this time of year.<br /><br />
ohiost-med.gif

AK_Chappy

Lieutenant

It's OK Brian,<br />I think it is good news also!!!<br /><br />AK Chappy

Link

Rear Admiral

Originally posted by JB:<br /> I'm glad you are so happy about it, Brian.<br /><br />What about the people to whom this was bad news?
I'm assuming JB that this was the last game of the year and both teams were the best of the best. Then there are no losers. Just bets to be collected or paid on.<br />Yea the BuckWheats got the Title but both are at the top of their field.<br /><br />Sports uggg ... Now No Sports on TV would be good news for me! ;)

BrianFD

Link wrote:<br />
Yea the BuckWheats got the Title but both are at the top of their field.<br />
Unfortunately, 4-4 in the conference didn't even get the Bucks honorable mention in the Big T(elev)en, and because Wisconsin didn't hold up their end of the bargain by getting beat by Iowa, the Wolverweinies still go to the Rose Bowl. At least they know they got there through the back door.<br />Oh, and BTW, it's BuckEYES, you blasphemer! lol