Buckeye Boaters

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral
I have noticed several Ohio boaters on this board. Thought I would pass on an event that is occuring at Pleasant Hill Lake on the 17th of July. They are having their annual Christmas in July party. In the evening they set off fire works over the lake. Lots of boaters will assemble out in the lake to watch from there. It is a spectacular event for a small area. <br /><br />If you do plan to come and camp out, campsites are usually full by Thurday noon! We camp for the whole week just to get a good campsite for the event. If any of you happen to make it, look for me on the "Jeannie Bear". I'm docked over at the "E Docks".<br /><br />I will warn you though, it is a small lake and with all the boats, water sports can be rough to do. I don't care, I just love it all as long its on the water.

buckeye_sean

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Buckeye Boaters

Thanks for the tip, can you give us some rough directions?

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

Coming from Columbus take I-71 North. Exit at State Rt. 39. I think it is exit 73. Make a right turn towards Lucas and Perrysville on SR 39. Travel about 7 miles approx and make a right turn onto 603. SR 603 will dead end into SR 95 (about another 6 miles or so) Make a left turn on to 95. About another 2 to 3 miles the Public Launch ramp is on the right by the Big Pines carryout.(signs posted). The main entrance to the park is on up the road another mile. This is where the campground is located. There is a ramp in the campground for campers only. <br /><br />For more info on the lake and other Muskingum Watershed Consevancy District lakes see www.mwcdlakes.com.<br /><br />There is lots of activities in this area. Canoeing, Malabar Farm, Mohican Forest, Charles Mill Lake, Go-carts and horseback rentals. Fishing has been pretty good so far, all the rain we had did hamper it a bit. Saugeye and bass is plentiful. Hope this helps. If you wish to email me SSMayfloat@neo.rr.com

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral

quote SS; "Malabar Farm"??? where they grow them<br />yummy cookies?

blacktie

Petty Officer 2nd Class

dude...I wish I knew about this before I had made other plans. We are not too far from the mohican area. BTW: the other muskingham watershed lakes are great. I have fished Atwood and Leesville. I'll catch you all next time.

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

No problem blacktie, I'm usually there on every weekend during the season. I only live about 18 miles from there. I live in Mansfield.<br /><br />This is an annual thing that they do. On average there is between 300 to 400 boats taking in the fireworks. They don't last but about a half an hour, but they have nice ones.

BrianFD

Senior Chief Petty Officer

SS, do you have VHS? If you do, and we happen to make it up there, I'll "hail" you on 16. Listen for "The Truth".

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

Thats sounds good Brian. Yep, got a handheld, one upstairs, and one downstairs. I'll believe it when I hear ya, the "Truth" that is.... :D