brown go around, blue go through

coastiegirl

Cadet
here is another one of those sayings. it sure helped alot in the FLA keys. lots of brown (snadbars,reefs, shallow s--t) to go around.

fone_man

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: brown go around, blue go through

I would tend to agree with that...<br /><br />Your FROM: says FL Keys/TN... please elalorate on this statement/post???<br /><br /> :confused:

coastiegirl

Cadet

from marathon in the florida keys. moved to TN 2 years now. i dont think the brown go around would work here in the muddy water...lol. i wrote it since there was another that wrote that he ran aground so thought the saying may help him in the future...thanks :p

fone_man

My escape from reality... Florida Keys!!!<br /><br />Where are you boatin' where there is "brown" water... Percy Priest, Old Hickory... Need to go & check out Center Hill & Dale Hollow!!!<br /><br /> :cool: <br /><br /> :D

Cuddy

Cadet

ahh, Dale Hollow, memories flooding back from my youth when we trekked there twice a year from Ohio. Stayed at the Obie River COE campground. Enjoyed the endless coves and clear, smooth water. This was 20-25 years ago - has it changed much?

coastiegirl

Cadet

i live right close to the TN river, saltillo about 20 miles from savannah, TN. i was spoiled with the FLA keys and the clear water. in the river cant see what might float up on ya. but the lakes are nice like beech lake in lexington. and natche trace.

fone_man

Hello... W TN girl!!! No wonder you have so much "brown" water... down there!!! TN River full of barges & crap from off the banks!!!<br /><br />But you know I grew up on TN River/Paris Landing/KY Lake area!!! My favorite trip/cruise is from Cuba Landing (I-40 bridge) to Cypress Bay area... above Hwy 79 bridge!!! Me & the dawg, Birdie, just luv it... set it to @ 21-28 MPH cruise for a few hours, a few beers and good music... life is grand!!! Make a day of it & not land locked!!!<br /><br />Know where Beech Lake is in Lexington, TN... always used to have a good football team but we always seemed to clash when I live in little "burg" of McKenzie, TN... my parents still live there...<br /><br />Do they still have that good catfish house on the river??? I can't remember the name but I do remember the food... very good as I recall!!!<br /><br />Coming from the "keys"... I hope you know you landlocked yourself but you can still get there via "tombigbee" if need be but long trip!!! LOL<br /><br />Need to make it a point to get up to Middle Tennessee & check out our lakes when you & your family have a chance, if you haven't done so already!!!<br /><br /> :D

coastiegirl

Cadet

hey fone_man i think the catfish place you are talking about is called hagys catfish hotel. its pretty good all you can eat catfish. ive found a better place its at pin oak lodge in natchez trace parkway up near lexington. any way geeh i havent been on the puter in awhile. have a nice weekend :D

fone_man

I believe you've got it!!! "Catfish Hotel"... what a name but that is it!!! Next time I get back home, I will check out "Pin Oak", somebody told me the other day that "Fuchs" (Milan) had closed... I think that is how you spell it... First place I ever ate catfish... hush-puppies... home-made fries... I am getting hungry here!!!<br /><br /> :D