Brother's Keeper

johnson-liner

Petty Officer 1st Class
Has anyone else seen this documentary? I just watched it again the other day and was wondering what other people's take on it was. It's about a local (to me) murder trial involving 4 elderly brothers that run a small farm here. They drive their tractor to town for supplies now and again, live in complete swaller, all still sleep together as they did as kids (for warmth). One was accused of murdering another who had been sick for a while. Not sure how many others would have seen it....if not see if you can find it somewhere.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Brother's Keeper

Yes, Johnson-liner.<br /><br />I have seen it a couple of times. It rends my heart.<br /><br />My take? Not guilty by reason of love.

f_inscreenname

Commander

Hey johnson-liner it is now 1:30 pm. How did you post in the future?<br /> I didn't see it but as for your comment "On the other hand, it's hard to change the rules on a case by case basis i suppose". That is what judges are supposed to do.

gaugeguy

Captain

Originally posted by f_inscreenname:<br /> Hey johnson-liner it is now 1:30 pm. How did you post in the future?
That's been happening a lot lately :confused:

NYMINUTE

Captain

Jack Kevorician has the right idea. he would have provided dignity to this and many other situations of equal pain.

johnson-liner

Petty Officer 1st Class

That's what I thought. I mean if he did in fact smother the brother...it was out of pure mercy...it's just the only thing they knew. On the other hand, it's hard to change the rules on a case by case basis i suppose. Glad he was not convicted.<br />My dad used to truck cattle when I was young to suplement the farm. He had been to the Ward place quite a few times and knew all the interviewees on the film...and that was his take, these guys just knew nothing outside of the farm. They also lived in the past, they had their whole lives and they still do. It would be like accusing some tribe in the amazon of animal cruelty for sacrificing a boar...they just don't know any different. Sad story what they put those boys through, but a happy ending

johnson-liner

Petty Officer 1st Class

I agree NY min. No idea how I posted in the future though! It took about five tries to get the original post up to start the thread.