broken plastic clip for gear selector on throttle control

Bigdave196

Petty Officer 2nd Class
So last weekend out on the lake while tubing we had a small incident towering a tube and teaching my girlfriend how to drive the boat. When the tube flipped we thought w were dragging the rider under the water and she panicked. During this she threw the throttle control hard into neutral and she ended up following through into reverse without lifting the release that allows the lockout to keep you from going into reverse. Threes little plastic clip that secures the cable right behind the throttle control lever. Now out is broken and o can't control my forward and reverse. Does anyone have a diagram do i can order the part to fix this part?

skydiveD30571

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: broken plastic clip for gear selector on throttle control

Do you have a model number or atleast a picture of the control in your boat? If not, you could search around the iboats store until you find the control that looks like yours, then post a picture of that.

allingeneral

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Look here. http://forums.iboats.com/boat-topic...stic-clip-broken-need-part-number-584474.html

I have the same issue and found the part at Go2Marine.com. Right now, I have everything held together with a couple of heavy duty zip ties. That worked for the whole fall fishing season. Fixing it before putting the boat back in the water in a couple of weeks.

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

allingeneral, did you miss the red warning bar???? Please don't reply to old threads unless you are the original poster.
Since the OP never offered to explain which control he had, what makes you think you have the same control? That is why we don't reply to old dead threads.

allingeneral

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Hm. I guess I missed that red bar thing. Stupid me. Sorry.