British Punk Music

SoulWinner

Commander
I know there are some Brits on this forum, and I was wondering if any of you listened to British Punk music. I really dig punk, my favorite bands are:<br /><br />The Exploited<br />Rancid<br />Suicidal Tendencies<br />Sex Pistols<br />Hard Core Logo<br />The Headstones<br /><br />See, there are only two British bands there, and the Sex Pistols are the LEAST punk of the bunch. The Exploited are at the top because they are about the best; really hard and fast and I love the message in their tunes. In fact one my favorite songs by them is "______ the USA." :D <br /><br />What I would like to know is this, can anyone recommend any other bands that are like The Exploited? I've heard of some other bands like the Cockney Rejects, UK Subs and a few others, but I haven't heard any of their music (punk isn't broadcast on any radio stations).

phatmanmike

Captain
Re: British Punk Music

sub-humans<br />gbh<br />crass<br />ramones<br />buzzcocks<br />misfits<br />black flag<br />circle jerks<br />minor threat<br />dead kennedys<br />descendants<br />sick of it all<br />D.R.I.<br />7 seconds<br />agent orange<br />agnostic front<br />d.o.a.<br />the germs<br />avail<br />good ridance<br />snfu<br />the damned<br />(early) bad religon<br />the(QUE.ERS) damned iboast, wont let me say q u e e r s<br />operation ivy<br />propaghandi<br />nofx<br />stiff little fingers<br />social distortion<br />(old) greenday( and i mean OLD)<br />pennywise<br />fuel<br />bouncing souls<br />schreaching weasel<br />88 fingers louie<br />boulderdash 9<br />alice donut<br />the go to hells<br /><br /><br />thats all i can think of now.....<br /><br />ill be back later

Nos4r2

Lieutenant Commander

Anti-nowhere league...<br /><br /><br />Myoutboards seems to have got most of the rest that are worth listening to, but if you're into punk, how about some psychobilly too?<br /><br />The Cramps, The Meteors, et al...

phatmanmike

Captain

this could go into any (related)direction:<br /><br />primus<br />dead milkmen<br />janes addiction<br />(old)red hot chili peppers<br />fugazi<br />system of a down<br />pixies<br />frank black<br />modest mouse<br />reverend horton heat<br />mudhoney<br />rage against the machine<br />neil diamond<br />barry manilow<br /><br /><br />theres more, trust me

JamesCoste

Chief Petty Officer

Soulwinner,<br />Have you ever listened to POD, Skillet, Audio Adrenaline, etc. ?<br /><br />They play some pretty heavy music plus there is a pretty good message if you can understand the lyrics. :)

Elmer Fudge

Lieutenant Commander

Jeez! Don't forget The Clash, and Suzie and the Banshees :)

SoulWinner

Commander

James, I LOVE Skillet, POD and Audio Adrenaline! Me and my son listen to them in the truck. Yeah, I really dig the fast music and the sweet message!<br /><br />Myoutboards, Dude you nailed 'em all. I gonna print the list you posted and expand my selection of good old school punk. Thanks bro.<br /><br />Nos4r2, I was kind of expecting you to respond to this thread. Glad you did. I totally forgot about The Cramps. They totally rock! Never heard of The Meteors, but I'll check them out too.<br /><br />Thanks gus!

Nos4r2

Lieutenant Commander

hehehe am I that predictable?<br /><br />Don't forget The Stooges!<br /><br />The Meteors are a band that were kinda big over here in the mid 80's-had a couple of hits and then disappeared but are still touring the UK and Europe. The vocalist was a mate of mine from waaay back.<br /> It may be hard to get anything by them over there though. If you get no joy drop me an email at nos4r2_d2AThotmaildotcom and I'll send you some to try via MSN messenger.I've ripped one of their albums to MP3 so I can listen to it in the car.Got one Cockney Rejects track here on mp3 too.<br /><br />Here's a few more for you now I've had time to think...<br />The Business<br />The Boys<br />The Lurkers<br />UK Subs<br />The Vibrators<br />999<br />Peter and the Test Tube Babies<br />Angelic Upstarts<br />Red Alert<br />Sham 69<br />Vice Squad<br />3 Nuns and a vacuum cleaner (from the USA and kinda like the Offspring but ruder)<br /><br />AND (controversial one this-Musically quite good but horrendously racist lyrics so I'll only d/l their stuff for free)<br /><br />Skrewdriver.<br /><br /><br />I'm not sure what's worse, Barry Manilow or the fact that I've got Toccata and Fugue next to Ministry in the MP3 player in the car...

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

OMG! Never figured anyone would mention psychobilly....<br /><br />SW.. If ya like the Cramps and The Meteors, check out:<br /> <br />Long tall texans<br />The Twistin' Tarantulas<br />Southern culture on the skids<br />Dragstrip 77<br />Tiger Army<br /><br />There's a couple more I know of, but the names ecsaped from my brain...

Nos4r2

Lieutenant Commander

Try Totalrock.com as well-they've got a punk show. Not sure what time it's on though. They always play pretty good music anyway unless you happen to catch the death metal show(yawn)<br /><br />The stream's quite good quality too.

SoulWinner

Commander

Sweet! Southern Culture On The Skids....I've of them and thier good!