Breaking News

dolluper

Captain
Re: Breaking News

He's missed around here forsure got his start here in Ottawa, was around here for many years before defecting

KaGee

Admiral

Won't miss him a bit. Still, hate to see anyone die that way.

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

No Triton, he was a news caster, I will not call him a journalist.<br />Just another face on tv with liberal views on how we should all live our lives.

Bassy

Lieutenant Commander

I won't miss him, but one thing is true... My mom would watch World News Tonight every evening because Peter Jennings always found some good news to report along with the bad. Mom liked that.<br />Bassy

Vlad D Impeller

Commander

I'll miss Peter Jennings, i'm not going to dislike the man because of his percieved political ideology, the fellow was a very knoweledgeable newscaster without a doubt, i can dislike a person for lots of things, but Peter Jennings does'nt fall into any of those catagories.<br /><br />RIP Peter Jennings :(

BrettNC

Petty Officer 1st Class

Regardless of any political affiliation, Peter Jennings was the best in my opinion. His delivery, knowledge and zeal for his profession is what made him stand out.

QC

Supreme Mariner

What I liked about Peter Jennings despite his liberal views, was that he loved this country enough to become a citizen. Here is a man who had seen a lot of the world and often expressed his dislike for US policies through story selection, tone of voice etc., but he still wanted to be a citizen. That tells me that he truly loved this country and for some reason that makes me proud.

Link

Rear Admiral

Originally posted by dolluper:<br /> He's missed around here forsure got his start here in Ottawa, was around here for many years before defecting
Let not your heart be troubled<br />He didnt defect, just moved in with his enemy to team up with Dan Rather and fight from with in our borders.<br />He was true to his cause and I can respect that.<br /><br />Heard a neat story about him yesterday from a co-worker and personal friend of his of 20+ years.<br /><br />He said: What you saw is what you got! He was exactly the same off the air and he was on the air. No double standards. Thats a nice way to be remembered I think.<br /><br />May he RIP

Twidget

Commander

Im with KaGee and Ken, that is still a lousy way to go.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Originally posted by ZmOz:<br /> ABC sure put together a video quick. Must have been planning ahead...<br /> http://abcnews.go.com/?lid=ABCCOMMenu&lpos=ABCNews
Yea, he knew he was a goner in April or so. It had pretty much got him by then. He started the chemo treatments, but it was to late for him. A bad way to go for sure. I watched my dad go that way and could not do anything about it.