Breaking News(Superdome)

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Louisiana Superdome, where thousands were stranded after Katrina, is likely to be torn down, state official says.<br /><br />Also:<br />New Orleans mayor issues order authorizing the forced removal of people refusing to leave the city.

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner
Re: Breaking News(Superdome)

Originally posted by SBN:<br /> New Orleans mayor issues order authorizing the forced removal of people refusing to leave the city.
A little late to be showing some backbone isn't it???

Limited-Time

Vice Admiral

Originally posted by SBN:<br /> Louisiana Superdome, where thousands were stranded after Katrina, is likely to be torn down, state official says.<br /><br />Also:<br />New Orleans mayor issues order authorizing the forced removal of people refusing to leave the city.
The Superdomes demise is a rumor.....latest word is it is structurally sound, but a complete evaluation of its condition may take up to 60 days. <br /><br />As for the forced evacuations ……….too little, too late.

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

Not sure if yall are aware, but the NO Saints owner has been threatining to move the Saints unless he gets a new stadium.<br /><br />Perhaps they are trying to get FEMA to build him a new one. :mad: <br /><br />Ken

OBJ

Supreme Mariner

Originally posted by POINTER94....<br /><br />
It's George Bush's fault... <br />--------------------------------------------------------------------------------<br />
ROFLMAO!!!!!!!! <br /><br />Thanks Pointer......gotta' clean up a longneck again!!!!!! :D :D

KaGee

Admiral

What ya'all should be mad about is how it was damaged. The storm was not the major cause...<br /><br />But, if I say anymore certain people will call me a racist...<br /><br />you can put two and two together.

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Originally posted by KaGee:<br /> What ya'all should be mad about is how it was damaged. The storm was not the major cause...<br /><br />But, if I say anymore certain people will call me a racist...<br /><br />you can put two and two together.
Is the superdome in any different/worse condition than a lot of public housing KaGee? I think you've connected the dots quite efficiently!

mrloring

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Let the Saints move! Send them to San Francisco or Dallas I hear they are looking for a good football team. :D LOL

TilliamWe

Banned

the first guy i saw say it needs to be torn down was from the company that manages the dome. So what? he's a strustural engineer & a carpenter? Please!<br />
Not sure if yall are aware, but the NO Saints owner has been threatining to move the Saints unless he gets a new stadium.<br /><br />Perhaps they are trying to get FEMA to build him a new one.
ding ding ding We have a winner!!<br /><br />Unfortunately, there will be lots more of this to come in the next year. Wait till the homeowners get paid by state farm and start complaining that they can't rebuild. And then wait for the horror stories of corrupt contractors flooding to the area, and taking money to start jobs & never finish them. <br /><br />It's all very sad. I hope everyone still alive makes it out, and I wish the best for those in shelters, etc. But I guarantee you all, that some will get rich off this, and many will be left with "nothing". And we'll all be asked to pay for it!<br /><br />Oh, and of course it will all be George Bush's fault! After all he is the source of every bad thing to ever happen in this country/world! :rolleyes: