Breaking News Part2

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
ORANJESTAD, Aruba - The father of a Dutch teen held in the disappearance of American Natalee Holloway was himself arrested Thursday, the Aruba chief prosecutor's office announced. <br /><br />"My husband was just picked up by police," Anita van der Sloot, referring to Paul van der Sloot, said in a telephone call to The Associated Press. "I don't know what to think." <br /><br />A spokesperson for the office said he would be held for at least six hours while prosecutors question him about the case. After that time, the spokesperson said, the chief prosecutor will decide whether to hold him for up to 48 hours, as allowed by Aruban law. No further details were available.

NYMINUTE

Captain
Re: Breaking News Part2

Good to seen you back SBN, Ready to go to Aruba with snapper and the bombs? I will bring the rope.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Just scares the crap outa me that they are dragging their feet so much with this one.<br /><br />Who else thinks the girl is dead and the Dutch are covering it up till they can come up with a good story to save face so they don't lose all the tourists money?

D

DJ

Just scares the crap outa me that they are dragging their feet so much with this one.<br />
SBN,<br /><br />It's called "Diplomatic Immunity".<br /><br />In other words, a license to be a crook, with NO consequence.<br /><br />With our "Lawyer Up" society, we now embrace, does that surprise you?

ChaosDad

Seaman Apprentice

I am with you Les, don't think that she is alive, also, I think that she will never be found.<br />Being from Alabama,it hits close to home, although they live on the other side of town, do know some of the people at their church, and they are thinking the same as we.<br />Dwight.

KaGee

Admiral

GIRL.... Dead.<br /><br />Coverup....NO.<br /><br />Gross Incompitance of Law Enforcement..... Does "Keystone Cops" come to mind?<br />I think Andy and Barney could do a better job with this one.

SpinnerBait_Nut

I don't know KG, they now have the judge in training detained/arrested.<br />Me still smells something bad.

LadyFish

Admiral

I think she's dead. I think his son did it and the father is covering it up. Why else would they have arrested him?

Ralph 123

Captain

I think they planned on covering this up until the US Media showed up in force and began banging on doors demanding answers. Greta V from Fox News has been like a detective down there. She even got Joran's parents to do an on camera interview and they arrested the Father the next day. Last night she got the Mother of the brothers to do an interview too. Too much heat now to sweep this under the rug.

KaGee

Admiral

Originally posted by SBN:<br /> I don't know KG, they now have the judge in training detained/arrested.<br />Me still smells something bad.
Possibly (most likely) he is covering something for his son... but I am not so sure there is an "official" cover up. They depend way too much on our tourist $$. <br /><br />Been watching FOX NEWS. Greta has been doing some great work. The perception of the authorities down there is either 1) they are the laughing stock of the worlds law enforcement or 2) they are crazy like a fox... I'm leaning toward the former.<br /><br />Whatever is going on here, this girl has gone a long way to dispell the "dumb blonde ****" sterotype. :rolleyes: And one more thing... the girl's mother...HELLO! IS ANYBODY HOME??have you lost your mind??? What were you thinking, letting your babygirl, just graduated HIGH SCHOOL go on a trip to Aruba where they were supervised on a ratio of over 150 students to what is it 5 or 9 chaperons (sp) ??? :confused: