Breaking News Chief Justice dies

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
William Rehnquist, the chief justice of the United States, is dead. -<br />Chief Justice William H. Rehnquist died Saturday evening at his home in suburban Virginia, said Supreme Court spokeswoman Kathy Arberg.

neumanns

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Breaking News Chief Justice dies

Heard it on the news last night...now we get to play the guessing game all over again.

Twidget

Commander

Bush will get to appoint a new chief justice. I think it will be either Scalia or Thomas.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Originally posted by Twidget:<br /> Bush will get to appoint a new chief justice. I think it will be either Scalia or Thomas.
Twidget, heard last night that he could, but would most likely be someone outside the court.<br /><br />Now, IMO, that is not right, it should be a sitting judge, but hey, I'm just a ol Kentucky boy, what do I know. :)

JB

Agree with SBN. <br /><br />Gonna be one heck of a fight, though.<br /><br />Name callers and finger pointers are honing their most vicious attacks for whomever it is.

SpinnerBait_Nut

You betcha JB, they are just sitting and waiting to see who it is so they can start digging.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Ah heck Mods, I see another post about this, please feel free to delete this one if you wish.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Pesident Bush to nominate John Roberts as chief justice.

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

but like I say we all will get to watch steady teddy on the senate floor :) :) . makes it eaiser to fall asleep anyway . unless he is a bit wobbly in the knees. then its not as much fun. <br /> I feel sorry for the nominee. will have all their past looked at and blown out of proportion. from what I can read Roberts seems as qualified as the rest, maybe more than some or less than others but time will tell I guess.