Bravo 3 hiccups

Steyntjie

Recruit
Hi Gents/Ladies

Great Forum long time reader first posting, al the way from Malawi

I have recently made the move to inbaord 5.7 efi (TBI) with bravo 3

Already having issues with clutch not engaging anymore going into forward ( if anyone has a list of all the spares I need to order along with the new clutch, I would appreciate )

Then my boat leans badly to the left....... Now, on the bravo 3 its got 26p props but I have noticed the front prop is a smaller diamter than the rear, is this the norm ? ( Both 3 blade props)

Unfortunately no mercruiser dealer in Malawi so will have to figure this one out by my self

Thanks for any help

alldodge

Staff member
Welcome and sorry no one responded

Already having issues with clutch not engaging anymore going into forward ( if anyone has a list of all the spares I need to order along with the new clutch, I would appreciate )
This normally happens when the clutch shaft gets glazed. The fix to to replace the shaft and in many cases also the gears. To find out which parts will be needed it would be necessary to know your drives serial number.

Then my boat leans badly to the left....... Now, on the bravo 3 its got 26p props but I have noticed the front prop is a smaller diamter than the rear, is this the norm ? ( Both 3 blade props
So far as the boat listing to port that is usually caused by weight distribution. Try moving some weight around will help, otherwise trim tabs can help more

The B3 props should be the same diameter for standard 3x3 blade prop sets. Merc did make XR sets which was 4 blade prop forward and 3 blade prop aft