brainfarted wifes catch away!

boatflounder

Seaman Apprentice
Wife and i were out fishing when she hooked into a big fish, she couldnt real it in and i had to take over and fought it for a while and finally lande a 29 inch red. she was all excited yelling its a keeeper its akeeper, weve got dinner.. well i looked up the regs and saw it was an inch too long so we had to throw it back. I let him free and the boat that was anchoredd next to us and the one that was coming into fish the area and idling nearby to see what was on the bline both stared at me with mouths opened. the one boat proceeded to find an anchorage and the guy anchored next to me yelled over dont you have a tag( in texas we can keep one oversized fish with a tag on our license). my first reply was no it wasnt tagged for the tournament , then it dawned on ,me, oh F#$%#, then i had to explain to the wife what he was talking about. hopre the couch is comfy tonight!

CATransplant

Admiral
Re: brainfarted wifes catch away!

Oops! That's a good reason to check out a couch before you buy it by lying down on it, I guess.

My wife hates eating fish, so I'm catch and release 100%. She does like to fish, though, but since the time she got a bluegill spine in her hand, I have to do the unhooking. I don't mind, though. She's the love of my life! ;)

rndn

Commander

Your wife belived that was the reason you threw it back?? My wife would never believe that and I would never live it down.

wpguillot

Cadet

A red that big is not that good to eat anyway. Just tell her you were doing the right thing and letting go to spawn so that you can eat all of it's tasty 16" (LA limit) kids.

tomatolord

Chief Petty Officer

my brothers and i went striper fishing in the upper chesapeake and we were new so we looked up the regulations and learned he legal size etc...

we caught 4 fish that day all in the "toss em back size" one was 27 and the gap went to 28 at the time..

after tossing that last one back and crying over it, a non descript boat pulled up - very friendly - it was the warden...

that one fish if we had kept it.........

My wife, son and I love fish my othe son, loves to catch them and he is "gifted" when it comes to animals, does not like fish...

tlord