Bragging, we got another one

deputydawg

Lieutenant Commander
After watching for a pair of theives since last winter we finally got them!<br />My Deputy was patrolling a gravel road when he found a car parked along side of the road. Nothing to serious there. He did the usual check of the vehicle, ran the plates and figured it had quit. Then he noticed tracks behind the car where a trailer had been hooked on. Someone had pushed the trailer down into a pasture and hid it in the weeds. He called me and told me about it wanting a supervisor on scene before searching the pasture for the trailer. When I heard the names of the owner I knew, it was my burglers I have been after. After finding the trailer we found a set of 4 wheeler tracks leaving cross country. This is how they do their theivery, park somewhere and use a 4 wheeler to go to the burglary leaving no tracks on the roads. We followed the tracks to a farm place a mile away, found the 4 wheeler hidden in a weed patch. Before this we impounded the car and trailer just in case. When we found the ATV by this farm I heard someone banging around the house. The owner had just moved out leaving most of his property here for storage. We called for additional help and entered the farm. That was just after dark. We searched all of the buildings and the 2 houses on the land, but found no bad guys. Did find where they had been tearing things up and found where they piled the stuff they wanted to take. This took about 1 very stress filled hour. It was about 8:00 by then. We decided to take the ATV also, so we started it and wound the engine several times then loaded it on trheir trailer behind the Sheriff's rig. After that we sat parked on the road in front of the residence for a while, calling insults on the PA and telling them we had their 4 wheeler. After another half hour searching with the FLIR all the other officers left. My Deputy and I stayed because we are stubborn. We both thought they were still hiding.<br />Finaly about 2A.M. we walked down the road with the FLIR searching the tree line. There they were walking toward us, only they didn't see us. We let them get within 20 feet and took them down.<br />I had to give my Deputy a big pat on the back, several counties have been trying to catch these guys, then I had to break it to him that we did not have enough to convict. They were denying everything. I think now after doing the CSI thing we have them good.<br />They were taking tools, antiques, and even wtripped the copper wire from the house and from the power pole to the house and to the shop. They actually climbed the pole and cut the wires down! <br />Just had to brag a little. It was mostly the other deputies doing, but just made my week!<br />During daylight we found where they had been laying in the weeds not 10 feet from us! Thed weeds were so tall and thick we could not see anything at all. It is also good to know they laid there in the cold wet mudddy weeds listening to us take their 4 wheeler and listening to us saying things like "come on out scummbag" and "hey s#!+head we got your 4 wheeler" among other taunts over the PA. Not the professional attitude I usually hold, but hey it was my night off and I was called out.

stan_deezy

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Bragging, we got another one

Always cheers me up to hear about these oxygen wasters being banged to rights :D :D <br /><br />A big "Congrats" from across the Pond :cool:

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

Sounds like a good ole mean search dog would have saved ya some time. The dog could have left a few scars to remind them for the future.<br /><br />Sad note is that an attorney somewhere will probably get these scumbags off since they are career theives.<br /><br />We need to outsource our jail a prison incarcerations to countries that flog and whip their convicts. Look how much money that would save the tax payers! Then it just may reduce the repeat offenders as well. That is one job of outsourcing that I would see as good for our country!<br /><br />Job Well Done DD! You guys get a pat on the back from me! :D

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

DD 2<br /><br />Baddies 0<br /><br /> :D :D

JRJ

Commander

So they walk? As SS Mayfloat says a K-9 sounds like a good idea.

D

DJ

Well done.<br /><br />This is one guy that is glad you're out there.

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

Good gob DD, thanks for putting in your time to catch these idiots.<br /><br />Ken

KRS

Banned

You left out the best part..... Do you get the keep the 4wheeler for the department?

eeboater

Commander

Awesome... great job -- congrats... two less idiots in the world.<br /><br />Sean

deputydawg

Lieutenant Commander

Forgot, we kept the 4 wheeler, the trailer and the car. Have to go through seizure proceedings in court to keep it for good, but the 4 wheeler at least looks good. <br />I am going to try to put it into inventory and use it for river patrol in the summer, if the man in the robe allows it.

ErikDC

Petty Officer 1st Class

I got a big grin on my face reading this. Great job, deputydawg! It ain't bragging as far as I'm concerned. Keep on busting the dirtbags! :cool:

D

DJ

DD,<br /><br />No offense meant here. But, what happens to those confiscated items from INNOCENT people?<br /><br />I watch the police shows and see them tear apart a car, etc. to only find out the perp. was innocent. But the car, or whatever, is destroyed. Not to mention the years of "lot rot" waiting for a "judgement". <br /><br />Who pays?<br /><br />Somehow, I think the innocent does. If that's true, that's a travesty.<br /><br />I HOPE I'm wrong.

BoatBuoy

Rear Admiral

Best part might be their case of chiggers.

ErikDC

Petty Officer 1st Class

DJ, that crossed my mind too. Very good questions!

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

dd, glad you're one of the good guys, keep it up!