Bragging a little

deputydawg

Lieutenant Commander
I had to share this with everyone.<br /><br />My wife has made it on the National Deans List at the University of Nebraska.<br /><br />History;<br />She was an honor student in High School, national Honor Society and all. <br />She graduated in 1990.<br />Got married in August 1990, moved out of state in 1991 spring.<br />She was offered a job as a paraprofessional teacher and subsitute teacher for the Rosebud Indian Schools in 1991.<br />1995 she followed me into my current carreer with a lot of support.<br />1996 I took my current job to get closer to a school for her to continue her education.<br />She started classes at UNK in 1996.<br />Took time off to work a few semesters to catch bills up.<br />Took time off to have 2 of our 3 kids.<br />Now with 3 kids at home, me working night shift, working as a fill in 911 dispatcher, substitute teacher, and tutoring foster children for the state she will be graduating in 3 weeks with a 3.8 GPA. (would have been a 4.0 but two recent classes did not offer letter grades, only P or F dragging GPA down a bit.)<br />Also during last pregnancy she was so sick, couldn't even keep water down, was hospitalized several times, still finished with 3.9 for the semester. She will be graduating with a bach. degree in Elementary Education and Special Education. She didn't want to take Special Ed as a minor or an endorsment so she went all out with double majors.<br />I tease her a lot with the ole "a lot of people go to school for 8 years", but am very proud of her.<br />Grades come easy, but with 3 kids at home and working, she has worked very hard for it.

fixin

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: Bragging a little

deputydawg...gonna have ta start calling ya luckydawg! :)

Fly Rod

Commander

:) "CONGRADULATIONS to MRS> DEPUTYDAWG!!!!" ;) :cool:

ZooMbr

Petty Officer 1st Class

deputydawg: Brag, brag, brag; you and the Mrs. should! Hard to raise a family, get a Ed at the same time; and make the grades! CONGRATS!!

Bart Sr.

Lieutenant Commander

There is only one word I can think of to describe her accomplishment---PHENOMENAL!!!!!!!<br /><br />Congrats to the Lady for following and accomplishing her dream.

radar750

Seaman

Congrats to Mrs DD.You wont be sorry about that Special Ed ticket. My Wife is also a teacher, has her Masters in Special Ed and is National Board<br />Certified. If there are any cutbacks they never cut Sped programs as they are Federally mandated.<br />Ms DD That is quite an accomplishment let alone raising a family at the same time, you should feel proud.

Twidget

Commander

Its only bragging if you cant back it up. :) CONGRATULATIONS to the better half!

Bassy

Lieutenant Commander

Congratulations to you Mrs. DD. We need good teachers! Welcome to a great, but underpaid, occupation. Congratulations to you too,DD, for being such a supportive husband. <br />Bassy

hayhauler

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Married up, didn't you, DD. Me too. My wife is a chemistry and biology teacher. She was a chemist first, a CSI type, but she went back to school and got her teaching certificate. She could be making a lot more money, but once or twice a year she gets to come home and say _______ got it today. When a kid turns that corner and starts to understand stuff they thought they would never understand, she knows she's doing what she was meant to do. Congrats to Mrs. DD.

LadyFish

Admiral

Congrats to Mrs. DD!!!
35.gif
<br /><br />Besides parenting, teaching is one of the most <br />important jobs out there.<br /><br />From your post, its obvious she is a driven and <br />dedicated person, perfect teacher material. We need <br />more like her.<br /> :)

cbnoodles

Chief Petty Officer

Mrs. DD,<br /><br />Can I marry you? Oh darn. You're already married? Oh yeah...so am I. Never mind.<br /><br />Congratulations!<br /><br />You too DD. You ARE a Dawg! A lucky dawg!

SoulWinner

Commander

Very impressive! As a college grad, I can honestly say that I have no idea how she did it with all the other stuff on her plate. Bravo!

deputydawg

Lieutenant Commander

Thanks to everyone for the comments. She is definately a hard worker. She was still trying to attend class while being terribly sick, and in and out of the hospital with the youngest baby. Still got a 4.0 that semester.<br />She went back with a sick baby at home, killed her to leave us every day, but still ended with a 3.8 that semester.<br />She has worked very hard and deserves all your great comments. <br />Thanks again, you all are great!!!<br /><br />By the way she wants to get her gifted endorsement next fall to teach gifted as well as special ed and ele ed. She went with a major in both. <br />Then she plans on getting her masters in Special Ed, and still wants to get a masters in Math after that. masters programs are night and summer classes. <br /> I don't get it! School was hard enough!<br />AGain thanks a bunch to everyone.