Bow stop question.

hazmat5760

Seaman
I'm working on setting up a trailer for my 22' stingray. Should the bow stop go above or below the eye?

HT32BSX115

Supreme Mariner
Re: Bow stop question.

You really want it above the "eye" so it adds additional "stop" to the bow. Otherwise there's really nothing to prevent the bow from sliding up the bow roller in a panic stop.

Regards,

Rick

riverkeg

Petty Officer 3rd Class

I'll second Rick's response. In addition to that, when winching the boat those last couple of inches, you really want the winch pulling up instead of down.

RepoMan207

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Above definitely .

In addition to Rick & Riverkeg's comments.....I purchased a new I beam trailer this season for my boat. When I took it to be set up at the dealer, I was told there is actually supposed to be another strap going from the bow eye to the bottom of the winch stand. Thus preventing any movement as Rick Stated. I have since noticed the strap hook on several other trailers in different location but with all the same idea in mind. I don't use mine unless I am going further then the ramp. I already use rear tie downs and the ramp is only 1/2 mile away.

Happy Boating!

great.jpg

hazmat5760

Seaman

Thank you guys!

I've already learned the problem of not using two straps up front. On the way home from the lake, after we swapped trailers, I had the front strap come off when I hit a bump.

Due to having to much rear weight on the boat, improperly adjusted trailer, the boat "stood up" a little bit. I about died of a heart attack as did my friend behind me.

I'm still working on getting the boat on the right spot on the trailer and should hopefully have that done tomorrow.

I had moved the whinch stand forward, but not far enough apparently.