Bow hunters please help

mikeandronda

Lieutenant Commander
My Freind gave me his old ( at least 13-14 yr old ) Pearson Bushmaster bow. I was firing it yesterday and the rod that comes off the bow and seperates the cables snaped off at the base. When I told him He said well its an old bow and I probably wont be able to get a new one......First of all what is the rod called and second do you guys think I can get a new one. I can use another one of his bows but Im really used to this one and this week is opening of the season........Please tell me I can get this replaced...... I have emails into pearson but I really dont want to call any shops till I know what that bar is called :)

cpj

Ensign
Re: Bow hunters please help

M&R,<br />It is called a cable guide.Try calling Batson archery in Springfield.Marvin Batson is the owner and a super guy.He is located on west(way west) Division out past the air port.Go past the airport and when the road curves right, keep going straight.Its a mile or two past the curve.Be patient with him though,this is his busy season.Hpoe that helps.BTW good look this year with your 1st trip.Just four more days!

mikeandronda

Lieutenant Commander

Thanx Cpj.......Im guessing your from the Springfield area. You do alot of fishing around here? I have had a hard time finding any good spots real close by.....I have fished Tablerock and Stockton but Im from an area in Wisconsin that I could throw a rock in any direction and almost hit a good fishin hole :) Im really excited about the bowhunting season and my freind has offered me another of his bow (A much nicer Hoyt) but I really feel bad about this bow( It was the Bow he used to kill his first Deer) and It was a really cool thing to get from him.

cpj

Ensign

You guess correct.I was going to stockton and pomme de terre but gas is to high.But its time to go sit 20 feet high in a tree and put the tarp on the boat for awhile. :D

mikeandronda

Lieutenant Commander

I hear ya......though Im hunting up around willard, So gas is still gonna hurt :)

cpj

Ensign

That wouldnt be bad for me.Not far from just north of the intersection of kearney and main.What construction company do you work for?

mikeandronda

Lieutenant Commander

Well I was working For S & S Builders.......I really dont do much with them anymore.....The owner is my hunting buddie though, Sometimes its better not to mix friendship and business if you know what I mean. Im giving guitar lessons for living now (pay is good though could use a few more students right now) and do side jobs when I can. I have worked in the trades for awhile, flooring, painting, general construction......at at S & S I was doing all the above plus managing.....well more like keeping the animals in check :)

cpj

Ensign

You know how to get a bass player off your porch?<br />Pay him for the pizza.Thought you might like that being a guitar player and all.I know what you mean about keeping the animals in check.I was an electrician for 6 years doing new construction before going to work for ADT security.

mikeandronda

Lieutenant Commander

You got that right.......about bass players......Ok I give bass lessons so ummmmmm I understand that joke all to well :) I did a little Electrical work with my boss on his house and that was not a job I enjoyed......something about live electicity and me dont mix well......Well I just got an email from A guy on an Archery forum similar to iboats but about bows and he has an old pearson. He offered to take his cable guide off his bow and send it to me asap so I can use it for the season and then send it back. And I thought only Iboats had extraordinary people on it. pretty cool. :)