Bought house, finallyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

ezbtr

Commander
Right by where I live, curious about the prices elsewhere, got an 8 yr old 3 bed, 2.5 bath, 2 story, 1 car garage, 1370 sq ft for 210K, 216 HOA, no pool - were selling for 400K in 05????? Holy cow!
Will be $200 a month LESS than I pay for rent

tpenfield

Staff member
Re: Bought house, finallyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Good for you . . . great opportunity, and from an equity standpoint it is all going to be in an upward direction.

I assume that your new house was part of the financial meltdown in 2008? Had it been foreclosed, etc. or did the owner's take a bath on it?

I my town we have taken maybe a 15% hit from the peak in 2006.

ezbtr

Commander

it's a foreclosure, 8 yrs old, no repairs needed, it actually sold for 504K at the high point. Was only on market for 6 days and boy do you have to move fast and make offer - I did it while on vacation 500 mi away! :)

dolluper

Captain

Thats great ......now hope your st-uation keeps on being good and rates don't explode......hope you have a buffer just in case sht happens.......lots of deals lots of disapointments also keep your head above water and not in the sand...remember be realistic.....hope you do well.....good luck man

korygrandy

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Awesome man. Your in Cali so real estate prices are most-likely reflective of your distance form ocean.

Here in MN, you got a home 1/2 the size of mine, about 35yrs newer and paid roughly the same price. I don't know the type of neighborhood you are in but the golden rule is always LOCATION. If it's locally a desirably neighborhood you can sleep easy as you watch the other homes in the neighborhood sell during the school break each year. If I wanted a home that new in this location I would have had to definitely wait for a foreclosure...and I probably would have paid about the same.

I have 1/2 acre here, how big is your parcel?

tomdinwv

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Congrats on the new house.

kfa4303

Banned

Sweet! Of course the garage shall hence forth be the known as the "boat house" and that extra $200 a month will help buy a lot of shiny new boat toys! :) Congratulations!

ezbtr

Commander

its a 3/2.5 townhouse, 1370 sq ft, 2 story, small backyard 1 car garage attached, with huge outside deck on top of garage, when I traveled I saw all sorts of VERY affordable nice houses, CA. is crazy house value wise! And it's in a nice neighborhood, convenient as well.

ezbtr

Commander

Bank actually moving on this, hope for a mid to late Sept. move in!! Got a 3.25% 30 yr loan, no points, down will be under 10K, and will be $290 cheaper a month then rent which just went up, but I'm doin month to month now :) Can't wait!!

southkogs

Staff member

ezbtr

Commander

Similar here in my neck of the woods ... I'm still pleasantly surprised what you can buy down my way.

Congrats ezbtr!! It's nice to get into your own place.

thx!

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

......... it is all going to be in an upward direction......

Yep that would certainly be the case if things go right this coming November!

Oh, and btw, congrats ezbtr. Hopefully there would have never been a better time to jump in.

JRJ

Commander

I'll add my congrats ezbtr and a right turn Clyde for my friend Boom :D