Bought a new mower today.

bucken

Cadet
Went to a box store today and bought a new mower.
It is a 19 hp zero turn.
My old one,16 hp tractor type took about an hour and a half to mow yard and next door lot.
This new zero turn took me 25 minutes.
It is 19 hp with 42 inch cut.The store had 200.00 off for veterans. (July 4th)That about covered the tax.
This mower looks exactly like the comercial mowers but is a little smaller.
I would recomend this to anyone with a bigger than normal lawn to mow.
I don't think I am allowed to give brand names here.
This mower was 2499.00
It takes a little getting used to.
My first pass down the yard at 7 miles per hour,the grass was flying,looking good,then i tried to make a tight turn around a power pole.
Never guess what I hit.

xxxflhrci

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Bought a new mower today.

Here's a tip to make your mower last, that I learned a few weeks ago from my neighbor, who learned it from a mower guy. Spray the bottom of your deck with Plasticote bedliner in a rattlecan to prevent rust. You can get it at Walmart. I bought a new mower a few months ago. In less than two months, the deck's bottom had no paint and was rusty. I sprayed the bedliner on it. First, the grass doesn't hardly stick to in now and the rocks haven't beat the finish off.

dgopetactical

Chief Petty Officer

I run comercial mowers for a living. I have tried the bed liner stuff but for me it wears away. Best thing to prevent rust is to clean out your deck after every use with a hose. Ive noticed with these mowers every thing else goes before the deck rusts through.. spray the bedliner stuff in your truck bed.
Denny

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

you can say what brand. as long as you are not advertising. we say merc, johnson, evinrude, smart tabs, etc.

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

Well you did not post where you lived but if your close to Castleton, VT and enjoy playing with the new mower...... I have over an acre that could stand a trim but I have big hills!

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Goats like hills. ecological also.

SnappingTurtle

Lieutenant

I can understand your enjoying your new mower. I want one too! :D

The man across the street from my dad just bought one of those “world fastest” lawn mowers (sorry forgot the name). :cool:

His yard is the same size as ours, the only difference is, we have grass, he doesn't. We mow once a week, last year he mowed once. :eek:

Now he comes out four or five times a week after supper and mows the dirt. It is really funny, but he enjoys himself.

I like the guy, he buys crappy boats and fixes them up in the evening, when he is not mowing. :D

You don't live across the street from my dad do you? :confused:

SnappingTurtle

Lieutenant

Goats like hills. ecological also.

Funny thats what I told my brother who wants a new mower now, he has a huge yard and hates mowing.

He said he already thought of that because he has a friend that got some for his yard, but they smell really bad, and are always getting on top of their cars and in the boat. So no goats for him.

Besides that riding mowers are are more fun, than riding goats. :D

P.S. they live in the mountains

aspeck

Staff member

Congrats on your new ride! Here is mine ... will be picking it up this week ...

53AA5B6V710_prod_lg.jpg

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

Congrats on your new ride! Here is mine ... will be picking it up this week ...

53AA5B6V710_prod_lg.jpg

Aspeck.... you going to run synthetic oil in that? :p

aspeck

Staff member

Nope - dyno! If God wanted us to use synthetheic lubricant He would have made it that way! :D