bottomline fishfinders

duckland23

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I was wondering how good are bottomline fishfinders . I seen them on ebay very cheap and was wondering they are any good and what model to use . I would like to own a lcd style fishfinder someday but for now Im waiting . I may buy a new lowrance for 99.99 buck new . But i would like to make it portable if I can .

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner
Re: bottomline fishfinders

Bottom Line are economy units and you get what you pay for. You can make any locator portable by using a small 12 volt battery. Install it in a box and mount the transducer on a piece of plastic pipe with a suitable clamp to mount it to the boat. Set one up like that for ice-fishing. By the way -- "fish finders" are locators. They cannot "find" fish. They simply tell you when the transducer beam passes over them, or they pass through the beam.

Georgesalmon

Lieutenant Commander

Hey duck. I have an older Ray Jefferson LCD-600 fish locator complete with transducer, speed and temp, and power cord. I'm a little N of Green Bay. I took it off a boat I restored this winter. The PO said it worked but I never used it. You can have it if you want it, send me a PM if you want it and see if we can work out how you can get it. NOT guranteed, but free.

duckland23

Petty Officer 2nd Class

@Georgesalmon

Yes Im interested in it . You may have to ship to me or meet me some where . Private message me . so I can contact you some how .