Bored of the same old games-try catch the LINK

Barbee Q

Chief Petty Officer
If you look at the picture you'll see my son and our favorite game.. We play catch the goose almost 4 times a week.. It is great exercise and my boy is really good at it.. Link is the goose of course and loves to try to get away. When she wins, she come right back and shakes her tail at us again and the game is on. However we never play catch the Timmy.. Timmy ol'Tool doesn't play well with others..
DSC02017.jpg

roscoe

Supreme Mariner
Re: Bored of the same old games-try catch the LINK

Tasty looking goose. :) <br /><br /> :)

deputydawg

Lieutenant Commander

I would say you have too much time on your hands maybe?<br /><br />Why not use the trap in the background, that way you can spend that chasin time fishing?<br /><br />Doesn't look like that goose is underfed though, probably needs the exercise too ;)

QC

Supreme Mariner

Originally posted by roscoe:<br /> Tasty looking goose. :) <br /><br /> :)
Yeah, and we're heading towards Xmas . . .

Barbee Q

Chief Petty Officer

Originally posted by deputydawg:<br /> <br /><br />Why not use the trap in the background, that way you can spend that chasin time fishing?<br /><br />Doesn't look like that goose is underfed though, probably needs the exercise too ;)
The trap was used to find what was eating the duck eggs. We lost all our eggs this year about 240 eggs.. I get a phone call at 6:30am by mom telling me not go outside.. I had a critter in the trap.. She was upset about it going off in the yard and she wanted me to make a phone call to the neighbor to get it out.. I found out that our neighbor hood is over run by skunks and ya it went off the minute it was..... you guessed it. My yard stunk for 2 weeks. It was like an all-nite buffet at our house for all the four-legged critters for awhile..

NOSLEEP

Commander

Skunks are a large problem here.Where there is one<br />there are many.

Link

Rear Admiral

I quit! ;)

Barbee Q

Chief Petty Officer

Originally posted by Link:<br /> I quit! ;)
Please don't quit because you have been out linked by a Goose..

Link

Rear Admiral

Originally posted by Barbara Dee:<br />
Originally posted by Link:<br /> I quit! ;)
Please don't quit because you have been out linked by a Goose..
Last night during dinner I told Mrs.Link and her mom about your son chasing the goose (named Link) and my MIL said it was comman when she was growing up for people to have a goose for a pet and that they also played the same game with them.. go figure :)

Barbee Q

Chief Petty Officer

That is just to funny.. Link is a great pet and a fantastic watch dog(goose).. If someone is outside our place and that goose will let out cry like no other. It is funny becuase if it is a person it is a different sound she makes and if it is an animal it is a warning honk for the ducks to get in the water..<br />Link thinks she is a duck and has adopted 5 babies ducks..

crab bait

Captain

cute story DEE.. thanks for the share..<br /><br />but i can't help to think.. if'n i got my hungrey grubby hands on that goose,, he'd be now known as 'the missing link'.. :)

Barbee Q

Chief Petty Officer

No, Missing Link is one of the egypian goose's name. In other words he messed with Link and he is now missing. I shot him and he was dinner that night.. Boy he was little tough, but was still good. Egypian Goose with Stuffed Rice..

crab bait

Captain

yeah,, throw out the goose an eat the shingle..

stan_deezy

Lieutenant Commander

Hey Babs, just thought you'd like to know that up near where I grew up they had quite a few whisky warehouses. Never had guard dogs though: only geese :eek: <br />True: they used geese as guards because of the racket they made when strangers came near. I'll need to go and dig out a "link" to prove this now :rolleyes:

Barbee Q

Chief Petty Officer

Ya, Link has made a great guard dog here.. Nothing like waking up at 2am and al'holly'hek has broken loose at the pond.. I do take head count in the morning just to make sure.. We have 20 ducks 2 geese and I Turkey.

stan_deezy

Lieutenant Commander

Originally posted by Barbara Dee:<br /> Ya, Link has made a great guard dog here.. Nothing like waking up at 2am and al'holly'hek has broken loose at the pond.. I do take head count in the morning just to make sure.. We have 20 ducks 2 geese and I Turkey.
Dinner's on you then :p <br /><br />Man I'm getting hungry just thinking about about the orange sauce :D

Link

Rear Admiral

Originally posted by Stan_Deezy:<br /> Hey Babs, just thought you'd like to know that up near where I grew up they had quite a few whisky warehouses. Never had guard dogs though: only geese :eek: <br />True: they used geese as guards because of the racket they made when strangers came near. I'll need to go and dig out a "link" to prove this now :rolleyes:
Stan<br />I live under my safe, secure little rock and don't want to be dug up! Thank you very much! ;) <br /><br />Anyway I've read the same thing and we have friends who have geese for gaurd dogs/pets. <br />Goose = Water friendly Turkey to me.. and thanksgiving is jest (A)round the corner! <br /> :D :D <br />Run Link Run! or was that See Spot Run! ??<br /> :confused: in Lakewood