"Book of Genesis"

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
It is reported that the following addition of the<br />Book of Genesis was discovered in the Dead<br />Sea Scrolls. If authentic, it would shed light on<br />the question, "Where did pets come from?"<br />____________________________________________<br /><br />And Adam said, "Lord, when I was in the garden,<br />you walked with me everyday. Now I do not see<br />you anymore. I am lonesome here and it is difficult<br />for me to remember how much you love me."<br /><br />And God said, "No problem! I will create a<br />companion for you that will be with you forever<br />and who will be a reflection of my love for you, so<br />that you will know I love you, even when you cannot<br />see me. Regardless of how selfish and childish and<br />unlovable you may be, this new companion will<br />accept you as you are and will love you as I do, in<br />spite of yourself."<br /><br />And God created a new animal to be a companion<br />for Adam.<br /><br />And it was a good animal.<br /><br />And God was pleased.<br /><br />And the new animal was pleased to be with Adam<br />and he wagged its tail.<br /><br />And Adam said, "But Lord, I have already named all<br />the animals in the Kingdom and all the good names<br />are taken and I cannot think of a name for this new<br />animal."<br /><br />And God said, "No problem! Because I have created<br />this new animal to be a reflection of my love for you,<br />his name will be a reflection of my own name, and<br />you will call him DOG."<br /><br />And Dog lived with Adam and was a companion to<br />him and Eve and loved them.<br /><br />And Adam was comforted.<br /><br />And God was pleased.<br /><br />And Dog was content and wagged his tail.<br /><br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />After a while, it came to pass that Adam's<br />guardian angel came to the Lord and said, "Lord,<br />Adam has become filled with pride. He struts<br />and preens like a peacock and believes he is<br />worthy of adoration. Dog has indeed taught him<br />that he is loved, but no one has taught him humility."<br /><br />And the Lord said, "No problem! I will create for<br />him a companion who will be with him forever and<br />who will see him as he is. The companion will<br />remind him of his limitations, so he will know he<br />is not worthy of adoration."<br /><br />And God created CAT to be a companion for Adam.<br /><br />And CAT would not obey Adam.<br /><br />And when Adam gazed into Cat's eyes, he was<br />reminded that he was not the supreme being.<br /><br />And Adam learned humility.<br /><br />And God was pleased.<br /><br />And Adam was greatly improved.<br /><br />And CAT did not care one way or the other.

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral
Re: "Book of Genesis"

gee, wouldn't think you'd need a cat if you already<br />had a woman around SBN??? :p