Bonita madness on a special saturday.

snapperbait

Vice Admiral
This past saturday was a very important and special one.. It might be the last time I get to fish with my best ol', long time fishing bud, for quite some time... (awesome trailer backer-upper too) :( <br /><br />He, his wife, and daughter are moving to Texas (Coppell, sp?) so he can start a new job at the end of this month... Next couple of weekends i'm sure they'll be too busy packing, so i'm pretty sure that's the last trip we'll have for a long while.. <br /><br />I can't tell ya'll how much i'm gonna miss them.. I'm just glad the fish decided to co-operate with us on saturday, even if they were just bonita (junk fish)... For the memories, those fish were worth their weight in gold, plus they pull drag like crazy... I can't recall another day of fishing with so much non-stop action.. <br /><br />few pics...
watermark.php
<br />Kevin with a screaming drag...<br />
watermark.php
<br /><br />
watermark.php
<br />Snapper's drag getting lit up..<br />
watermark.php
<br /><br />I don't know how many we caught, lost count... Most of the time we were both hooked up with drags singing a sweet tune... We both had to stop and just sit a few times... It was hot as all get out (90 plus) and dead still, calm seas, no breeze to be had...<br /><br />Had a couple big sharks swimming around the boat, a huge loggerhead turtle stopped to say hi, and a close up with a big baracuda who got half a little bullet bonita for lunch...<br /><br />Certainly a day neither of us will never forget..

FLATHEAD

Captain
Re: Bonita madness on a special saturday.

Sounds like a great day snapper. Those are some nice fish.

eurolarva

Rear Admiral

Too bad about your friend leaving. Fishing is something that is best shared with others. Especially when you are both realing them in. Hope you find a new fishing partner soon. Those are definatly some nice size fish.

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral

wow, a perfect day! :) <br />they come along only a few times in our lifes...<br />congrats,<br />M.Y.

LadyFish

Admiral

I am soooooo jealous Snapper. Kind makes my catch look wimpy. :D <br /><br />Great pics, what a great day of fishing and having fun! :cool:

phatmanmike

Captain

snapper, where were you at in those pics....??<br /><br />m ikey

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

PhatmanMike.. We were about 4 miles out, north of the Jupiter inlet, drifting north...