Bolt mounting pattern for 50 HP 4 stroke outboards

SeaDawg

Chief Petty Officer
Does anyone know if all major brands (Yamaha, Honda, Suzuki, Mercury, OMC) use the same bolt mounting pattern for their 50 HP motors? <br /><br />Their web sites are not much help, neither are my local dealers. The best they could do was let me measure their mounting template, and I was hoping to find a drawing or spec sheet on motor mount hole patterns.<br /><br />Does it change for the ones that make 60 HP units, or are they the same bolt pattern as a 50 HP?<br /><br />I may buy a used 1995 50 HP Mariner 4 stroke, and I don't want to have a bunch of extra holes in my transom when I can later afford a new Honda/Yamaha/Suzuki 60 HP.<br /><br />Thanks in advance.<br /><br />Ron

trevorcday

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Bolt mounting pattern for 50 HP 4 stroke outboards

The transom bolt patter has been standardized for quite a number of years now. I am sure that a 1995 motor would have the current bolt pattern.

SeaDawg

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Bolt mounting pattern for 50 HP 4 stroke outboards

Thanks mrmerc. But do you know at what engine size(s) the bolt pattern sizes change? <br /><br />My 1995 25 HP Honda is different than the 50 HP 2001 Honda that I measured in the local shop a few weeks ago.<br /><br />Does anyone know if a drawing or specification exists on the web for the different outboard bolt patterns?