bogging down...bad gas?

gooseblitz

Cadet
Hey guys I have a Fourwinns 260BR with a 5.7 Volvo Penta. First time out this year it fired right up and run up and down the lake just fine. Hopped right up on plane and rocked around the lake at top speed about 45mph. Very next week I add $100 of gas from the marina tank. As soon as I get in no wake zone I hit it and it starts out but bogs down on me.
Last 2 weeks doing the same. I can run about 2000 RPM maybe as high as 3500 rpm and up to 20-30 mph depending on how hard I hit it to get there .....it will miss when I get on it and I have to throttle all the way down and start over. I did get it up over 40 last week for a short stint. I put 2 cans of sea foam in tank before I went out. Maybe ran slightly better but not much. The marina I got gas from was only 2nd weekend of season. This very same marina and tank was flooded badly for a week or more and was under 20+ feet of water...could that gas be bad?
Marina mechanic checked spark and changed fuel filter and distributor cap after first incident. They don't work on Volvos so they haven't been a ton of help. It has stalled out when it bogs down about 10% of the time in my experimenting...each time it fires right back up.

Last edited:

bnicov

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: bogging down...bad gas?

Check the fuel filter. Does it have water in it??