bogging at higher rpm's

Hello all. been awhile since I used the forum and have forgotten how great it is. my current problem started yesterday. boat started as normal and idled fine. At mid range rpm's also ran fine. when I throttle up and get the rpm's up it boggs and coughs. If I throttled down a bit, it straightened up. I even pulled tubers at medium speeds and no problem.

Not sure if its related but I've had a couple occasions where I go to turn the ignition key and everything is completely dead. I turn it a few times, and the power restores and the boat starts.

is this more likely a fuel delivery problem, an electronic problem, or both. any advice on where to start would be great. Thanks in advance.

NHGuy

Captain
Re: bogging at higher rpm's

Start with the basics. Is the alternator charging? A weak battery state can cause bogging. Is the fuel delivery up to snuff? Perhaps the water separator fuel filter is full or clogged. Sometimes you could get bogging when the distributor advance isn't working right. I don't know if your year uses old school vacuum advance, but it can't hurt to look for disconnected vacuum lines. Might be that too.