Boats.net Ruined my weekend.

Jeremy90bay

Petty Officer 1st Class
Just a little FYI. I ordered an impeller from Boats.net last Fri. It was in stock. as of today still not shipped, but ofcourse they took my money already. That was the first and last time I use that website. I hope this will persuade any of you from ordering from there.

Thanks for letting me vent. Jeremy

bbfrs1

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Re: Boats.net Ruined my weekend.

Don't feel too bad, they sent me 3 different sets of exaust chest gaskets, before I could get some that werent torn. I just barely got my money back from the first set, and that was 3 months ago. I'm still waiting on the 2nd set refund.

wadeshuey

Recruit

Same here for me... I ordered $60 in water pump part last Friday and all was in stock. They just sent an email yesterday that it finally shipped but still won't get them for this holiday weekend. I won't ever order anything from them again either.

nthrnNYker

Cadet

Same here.

I ordered carb rebuild kits and check valves for the fuel pump on my 85hp Force on Aug. 24, figuring that it would arrive in plenty of time to throw the thing together for the Labor day weekend.

Well, a week went by, and finally get an email from them with just an invoice enclosed (and in fine print, see that the check valves were out of stock).

So I said, hell with this, and called them up the next day. They then tell me not only do THEY not have the check valves, the supplier that they get THIER parts does not have them either, and THEY are waiting for the parts to arrive. So I now have two layers of suppliers waiting for this part, and they could not ship out the rest of the parts until the backordered parts arrive.

I asked the guy, what...am I supposed to wait three or five weeks for my parts to arrive ? He repied.."DUHHHHHHHH...I'm really sorry...DUHHH"

I told him to go ahead and pack that order up his as* as far as he could shove them, and I ordered those parts from a place in Mass.

I'll never use them again.

chitownborn

Petty Officer 2nd Class

hey guys, gals, try crowley marine ive ordered a lot of parts from them and they are the best, ive ordered parts and there shipped the next day!! or the day after, never had a problem with them

roscottjr

Petty Officer 1st Class

Check some of my recent posts, I have one on here where I was having a problem as well and was asking if anyone else was but I did not receive any responses from anyone having problems.

Robert

pnwboat

Rear Admiral

I've been burned several times ordering parts. This problem is not isolated to just Boats.net, but other sites too, and not just boating parts. When ordering anything from any site on the internet, I've learned that if you have to get a part in a hurry, call the site before ordering to confirm the "In Stock" status.

Jeremy90bay

Petty Officer 1st Class

Well I finaly recieved the impeller today. going to put it in this week and hope to go for a ride next weekend. its getting colder up here in mass so not much longer to enjoy the boat. definitly going to try crowley marine next time thanks for the tip.

hamburgerman

Petty Officer 2nd Class

i ORDERED MY PARTS FROM IBOATS AND GOT IT THE NEXT DAY GUESS YOU NEVER KNOW

Jeremy90bay

Petty Officer 1st Class

Iboats is great, i've ordered from them before and had great results. they just dont carry an impeller for my motor so I had to try elsewhere.