Boating troubles for a newb

Anti-Ricer

Cadet
I just traded my 93 foxbody for my 1st boat.
1341199937110.jpg

its a 87 ebbtide with the 170hp 470
0802121705.jpg

it starts up great and everything but the bellow tube is busted. I went to order a new one and a boat mechanic told me that they just don't break. He told me to check for a blown head gasket, do a compression test, water pump and check for melted pieces. Should I go ahead and get that bellow and try it in the water or check all that stuff 1st cause the boat seems to run great. Here is what I need its part #1 http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh105/jwe3689/2012-
08-03140953.png
Here is what is broke
0802121928.jpg

dannyual767

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Boating troubles for a newb

So he told you they just don't break yet in your picture, yours is broken. I'm sure you worked on your fox body plenty just as I've worked on my 91 GT plenty. You don't need some mechanic telling you stuff like this.

That being said, its always a good idea to do a compression check as well as a thorough looking over of the engine just in case.

You say that the engine "starts up great and everything." I'm assuming that the engine runs good but obviously it's leaking exhaust out of that broken bellows. Replace it and then test your "new" boat on the water.

You posted this thread in the PWC section. Perhaps an admin can move it to an appropriate forum.

Anti-Ricer

Cadet

Thanks sir ill try that and I noticed that I put it on the wrong thread.

Ps I'm worked on that fox a lot. It's my 5th foxbody that I'm owned and I own still own a 2000GT

Anti-Ricer

Cadet

I checked that rubber tube bellow and it's definitely got burned/hot. What does this nean? And is it as simple as replacing it.