Boating / Camping for our Anniversary! (Greensboro, NC area)

bcronk09

Seaman Apprentice
Hi all! I was on here a month or so ago getting ready to buy a boat and was torn between several different ones. I finally bought one (a 18'9" '86 Sportcraft Cuddy) and my wife and I were thinking of spending a few days camping and boating. I live in Greensboro, NC and was wondering if any of you are local and might know a nearby lake with good camping spots and nice scenery.

Thanks all and happy boating.

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member
Re: Boating / Camping for our Anniversary!

Re: Boating / Camping for our Anniversary!

Great idea! Congrats on the new boat. I will move this to the destinations area ;)

JimMH

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Boating / Camping for our Anniversary! (Greensboro, NC area)

Looks like you have several in your area. Belews Lake near Walnut Grove, and Townsend lake just north of Greensboro. If you are wanting to travel Western NC has a great many mountain lakes that are very scenic and offer campgrounds for year round camping. Lake Chatuge in NC and GA, Fonatana lake, Lake Hiawasse in Murphy, NC all very scenic.

Congrats on the boat and Have a lot of fun!

bcronk09

Seaman Apprentice

Thanks all for your input. I am farmiliar with Belews Lake and Norman but I'm not sure if there are camping areas. I was hoping someone would know from experience having camped on these lakes. That's just me being lazy. I imagine I could google those destinations.

Anyway, I am excited and hoping to get some good use of the boat and the cabin......hehehe.

Parts Jimmy

Cadet

I camp at North Bend located on Kerr/Buggs Island Lake. The COE campgrounds are very nice but can be hard to get reservations if you don't plan well in advance. Here is a link to the campgrounds. http://www.saw.usace.army.mil/jhkerr/fees.htm I will be at North Bend on Easter Weekend.