Boat yards/parts in LA/AL/FL

texomatom

Seaman
I have been trying to locate a windshield for my bowrider since the end of last season: http://forums.iboats.com/showthread.php?t=221183
No luck so far.
I'm planning on a trip to Pensacola next month. I'm hoping there will be some boat yards alon the way that may have salvage boats or used windshields that match my need.
If you know of any used parts dealers/yards anywhere along I-10 from Baton Rouge to Pensacola, I'd very much apprecaite a heads up.

Thak you in advance!

Tom

oops!

Supreme Mariner
Re: Boat yards/parts in LA/AL/FL

i am in canada so i cant help....but......

with all the guys here around those areas......in sure youll have 50!

cheers
oops

pduquette

Ensign

Hi Texomatom.
It may be a little off your intended rout ; Look up Lanier marine dot com.
(Dawsonville,GA) I havent bought any thing from them , but they seem to have a large inventory of used/parts boats motors etc.

TD_Maker

Chief Petty Officer

'www.marconlq.biz[/url]

This is the address for The Marine Connection liquidators in Ft Pierce Florida. If they do not have it, it does not exist. Thousands and thousands of such items. Tremendous inventory. Check out the website, they ship world wide.

And No, I am not an employee; however, I re-built my old Whaler with original parts from this place, so I have spent hours just walking around and digging.

woosterken

Lieutenant

pd,thats laniermarine dot net

woosterken

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

physically see what you are getting from laniermarine.

Nandy

Commander

Be careful with lanier. I have read plenty of complaints. There is always 2 sides of the story though... Just making you aware.

januarysails

Seaman Apprentice

Tex, if you call the salvage yard I use I'll go to see it. The yard is Don's salvage yard in St. Petersburg,FL. phone #727-576-8577. If all goes well I'll pick it up for you. I'm going to GA for the weekend sometime this month, or I'll ship to you. You pay for it-.

oops!

Supreme Mariner

only salvage yard i got around here is my back yard :(

m&m252

Petty Officer 2nd Class

being in south florida/ the keys i have not seen an actual boat salavage yard lots of boats for sale to be used for parts but not an actual location like junk yards...

texomatom

Seaman

I can't thank you all enough for the advice.
I'm already in contact with Lanier and marconlq. Lanier had a hull with the right glass but it sold before I could offer them anything on the glass. I've seen the warnings on Lanier. But, I'm getting more desperate as the season gets closer. So, I'm willing to work from pictures and descriptions if necessary. But, I figure it's tempered glass so it's broke or it ain't :) I just need the right part.
marconlq said they may be able to help, but I need to either send a template or come out and walk their inventory. Not sure wht to do on that one just yet. I'll see if they have anything online. I'm not sure if I've seen any inventory online. I hope the link you posted has some..... Anyone on here local and willing to take a look at their windshields? I'd be eternally grateful if you could take a few minutes and see if they have any curved water bonnet glass in stock

januarysails, thanks a million for the offer. I'll contact them and see if they have any possible donor boats or water bonnet windshields and may give you a shout.

Thanks again all!
Tom