Boat Wiring Overload

There are about a hundred of these diagrams out there...but they are all different and I am very new at this. Attached is the things in the boat that will need power and what I have available to work with.

Any Help would be greatly appreciated as Crabbing season has begun and I have no boat till this is finished!!! LOL

Thanks to all in advance...the sticky diagrams and others I found were great...just I think I am too stupid to grasp the little difference in them all!

Attachments

• Boat Wiring Question.jpg
    Boat Wiring Question.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 0
Re: Boat Wiring Overload

Also the real issue is "How do I turn my 12 volt system into a duel 12 volt system? (1 bat to engine crank..other to accessories while charging both). Have a multifunctional power switch with 1,2,3 all options. NEED Help!!

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner
Re: Boat Wiring Overload

There are stickies at the top of this forum that cover wiring the instrument panel and switched accessories. If you have something that is not shown, you add it just like any other accessory shown. If you don't have an accessory that is shown, you obviously don't wire it. Dual battery switches have a multitude of applications and you among the multitude who apparently don't understand how to use it. EVERYTHING in the boat gets powered from the COM terminal on the switch (except an automatic bilge pump). So when the switch is set to Battery 1 only Battery 1 powers everthing and only Battery 1 is being charged. Same happens when set to Battery 2. Only Battery 2 powers everything and only Battery 2 is being charged. When set to BOTH, you got it, both batteries power everyting and both are being charged. You pick and choose which battery you want to protect. Typically you select BAT 2 (the aux battery) when anchored/docked and using accessories. BOTH when under way. You can set the switch back to BOTH to start and cruise or to 1 to start and then back to BOTH to cruise. If you have a trolling motor it gets connected directly to the AUX battery.