boat Windshield "retry"

fatpratt1996

Petty Officer 1st Class
I'll try to do this again without offending anyone. Does anyone know of any boat salvage yard here in the great country we call U.S.A?<br />The factory is too expensive for me and there just has to be a place to pick one of them up for cheap.

Grant S

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: boat Windshield "retry"

Florida would be a good place to start looking, I'm sure the insurers have boats for sale that they have paid out on.

Mark42

Fleet Admiral

They are out there, get on Yahoo or Google and start searching....<br /><br />I did this a year or so ago to get a windshield for my MFG, and found that the salvage yard prices for windshields were not all that competitivelly priced with a new unit. Especially when shipping and buying it sight unseen is involved. <br /><br />Here is one I bookmarked...<br /><br /> http://www.marinepartsoutlet.com/index.htm <br /><br />Good luck.

Bondo

Staff member

I'll try to do this again without offending anyone.
I guess I missed your 1st go-around.....<br />If your boat has a Flat-Glass windshield,<br />You can no doubt find a used replacement.......<br />If it's a curved Plastic windshield,<br />You're probably going to come up with Zilch.......<br /><br />Without Any Clue as to What you're looking for,<br />It's a little tough to Help........<br /><br />There are Very Few Boat Junkyards....<br />You're more likely to find a couple hulks out behind a marina, than an Actual Boat Recycling Yard.........

BoatBuoy

Rear Admiral

...or back behind the house/barn in the briar patch.

Solittle

Fleet Admiral

The factory will charge you top dollar but you might be able to find a plastics fabricating shop that will make one for you for much less.

fatpratt1996

Petty Officer 1st Class

Thanks guys for the help. By the way, it is a one piece curved glass. I wish it were the flat one.