Boat will not plain up, Help

DonUSCG

Recruit
I have a 1995 Monterey 276 with a Volvo Penta 7.4GLPHUS, I have replaced the Carb, Cap, Rotor, Fuel Pump 2yrs ago, spark plugs, gas checked no water, check valve at fuel tank checked and OK, fresh bottom paint this year. I have not checked the ignition coil yet, I have bought a new Ignition Module but have not installed it yet, have not did a compression test yet. The boat starts fine and idles fine, but when I go to plain up it boogs and just won't, the boat will rev up fine in neutral, I am running out of options, thanks in advance for any comments.

Maclin

Admiral
Re: Boat will not plain up, Help

Some history would be good....Is this a new boat to to you, has it always run like this or was it ok for a while then started acting like this?

DonUSCG

Recruit

It has always run like this, it orignally had a Holley carb and I had it rebuilt, that did'nt work. I just installed a new (old stock) rochester carb on it this year. We checked the fuel yesterday and it didn't have any water in it. Took it out for a test drive and would not plain up as usual. I was told it might be the 2yr old fuel pump I installed on it.

DonUSCG

Recruit

Some history would be good....Is this a new boat to to you, has it always run like this or was it ok for a while then started acting like this?

This boat has ran like this since I bought it. I have replaced almost every item known which would fix this issue. It has always started and idle fine. I replaced the fuel pump 2 years ago, still the same thing, won't plain up. New (old stock) rochester carb this year still the same. The only thing I have not replaced is the coil and the ignition module, which I have a new one in the package. Getting tired of fast idling everywhere. Thanks for the comments.