Boat waxing how to question

fatpratt1996

Petty Officer 1st Class
Hey guys, I really need to clean and wax my boat. I was wondering about how all of you get to the bottom of the boat with it on the trailor. I figure it is going to have to be some clever kind of 'V' that I can rig for my floor jack or something but Tell me how you did it, if at all.

salty87

Commander
Re: Boat waxing how to question

i just reach around the bunks as best as i can and don't worry about it much. the bunks will wipe the wax off in no time anyway. and, as mine is always on the trailer at the end of the day, i'm not too worried about waxing the bottom.

fatpratt1996

Petty Officer 1st Class

I just don't want any of the hull to start to oxydize. Just something I heard would help

mattttt25

Commander

most people only go through the trouble of getting the boat off the trailer for bottom painting. do a search for bottom painting and you'll find tons of threads that describe how people do it. i've posted on several with my techniques.<br /><br />but i agree with salty, not worth the trouble. the bunks will rub the wax off pretty quickly. if it's that important, you could try to load your trailer with the boat tilted one way, wax it, then launch and reload tilted the other way to get what you missed. all depends on your boat type and trailer if this would work.<br /><br />good luck-

Northern Eclipse

Senior Chief Petty Officer

A friend of mine has a auto repair shop, he lifts his 23' Rinker off the trailer with his shops auto hoist then proceeds to clean and wax the bottom. Its the electric kind with side post, so if you know somebody or have access to a hoist it can be done.

fatpratt1996

Petty Officer 1st Class

Thanks guys, I guess I'll get what I can reach for now.