Boat Value

Tuna Van

Seaman Apprentice
So I have gathered from this site that NADA values are pretty much worthless and the best way to determine value is to look at other sales. I came across a 1998 Starcraft 1710 that is a 2nd owner garage kept boat with a 135hp I/O Merc, but there are not many for sale to compare it to.

Price is $4900 with trailer. Assuming it checks out, any ideas what this boat should go for?

eaglejim

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: Boat Value

Welcome to Iboats it is a buyers market just go low the worst they can say is no,check out craigslist use some of the bigger cities that will give you a base.

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

If the boat is in excellent condition, that sounds like an excellent price.

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

I agree with TD and nadaguides has this for values:

PRICING includes trailer

Low Retail $3960 Average Retail $4470

kaferhaus

Petty Officer 1st Class

Yep, it's a 3500-3600 boat IF it's all in good shape.

The biggest mistake is being afraid to walk away. I always make offers expecting the seller to say no. And I never let him reply with "ok but I'd have to keep the electronices, ground tackle, safety equip etc....

In fact I won't buy a boat without those items present otherwise the boat is not ready to use as most folks advertise.

SuperDaddy

Seaman Apprentice

I sold our 1995 Starcraft 1710 last fall for $4000. It had the Merc 3.0L with an Alpha One Gen II, matching trailer, and was in "good" condition. I am in western NY (south of Buffalo) , if that helps. I paid $4500 for it on eBay in June 2006.

We had it for three summers. Got our use out of it, and it was time to move up to a bigger boat. That was the only reason I sold it.

If you'd like to discuss more specifics of the boat, lemme know..... :)

Tuna Van

Seaman Apprentice

Thanks for all the replies. I will see if he will come down on the price. If not I will move on. No hurry