boat selling on ebay

11 footer

Lieutenant
either tonight or tomorow night I'm going to list my 13foot plywood boat on ebay.<br /><br />The prolbem is, being the boat has no numbers on it and I have no idea who made it, I don't know what to call it or list it under. If I call it "home made" its not going to show up on anyone's searches.<br /><br />Any advice?

neumanns

Lieutenant Commander
Re: boat selling on ebay

If you call it anything other than homemade you would be misrepresenting it. The best you can do is call represent it the best you can. Many people proabably do an initial search as "Boat" anywhy. Good luck!

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

Classic Antique Runabout Boat Mint<br /><br />I wish you luck Ryan, but items like this don't fetch much on ebay. Your little boat is really a gem, and cool looking too. I think you boat will bring more if people can see it. It will be bought locally anyway, as no one is going to pay hundreds to have it shipped.<br /><br />I would check around for someplace you could put it on display with a for sale sign on it.<br /><br />Maybe a local boat yard will let you put it on consignment, for a percentage of the selling price.

one more cast

Captain

Ryan, I did a search (Browse) for boats and the catagories are...fishing boats,power boats,sail boats,other boats....so I am sure no matter what you put in the listing it will get seen.

rolmops

Vice Admiral

Try:"boat not evinrude johnson outboard"

Kenneth Brown

Captain

You could advertise like this: <br /><br />13' custom boat<br />Then in the keywords they list : Not boston whaler, jet. nitro, evinrude,mercury,johnson,omc, etc etc you get the idea. It brings it into many other listings.

Kenneth Brown

Captain

Tis tis Ryan, no advertising on the board, the mods are gonna get you. :) I'm sure they understand that you weren't trying to sell it using Iboats resources, you were just showing us what you decided on. Thats a nice little boat you got there, I wouldn't mind having it myself. I completely understand about not using not, it pisses me off too. I was just throwing it out there for you in case you decided to use it. Good luck on the auction.