Boat Salvage Yards

Bski

Seaman
Re: Boat Salvage Yards

Your sig says Bethel Island, CA, I live in the Bay Area of CA, and would suggest either calling West Marine, in Oakland or Alameda and ask them or you might check around some of the ship yard areas in Alameda or out near San Francisco, Hunters point area. Last of all you might even give the Coast Gaurd a call.<br /><br />Let us know what you find out, I'd like to know myself.

itstim

Seaman

Thanks. Actually, I'm in Concord...the boat is berthed at Bethel. But does anybody know of anyone anywhere,,,,Someone you can email and he goes out there and sees if he has the part and lets you know. I am anti-WestMarine. The ones I'm familiar with the people who work there don't know Jack about stuff and they are taking away jobs from people who do,,,just a personnal opinion,...from a Retail Manager...

itstim

Seaman

Thanks. Actually, I'm in Concord...the boat is berthed at Bethel. But does anybody know of anyone anywhere,,,,Someone you can email and he goes out there and sees if he has the part and lets you know. I am anti-WestMarine. The ones I'm familiar with the people who work there don't know Jack about stuff and they are taking away jobs from people who do,,,just a personnal opinion,...from a Retail Manager...

yoced

Petty Officer 2nd Class

...from a retail manager...<br /><br />...who is trying his hardest to not buy new parts from a retail source... <br /><br />rofl.

Bski

Seaman

itsim, I have to agree about the people who work at WestMarine not being overly knowledgeable about their products. I only go there when I know what I want to buy.<br /><br />I find the same problem at most auto parts stores and hardware stores that I go to.<br /><br />This is why a lot of us do it ourselves cause you can't find good help anymore. I'm glad that we have these web resources that allow us to communicate with others who are dealing with similar problems it's been a real time saver and taught me a lot.<br /><br />Good luck with your search.