boat safety cert.

richep

Cadet
In the state of CT. you have to take a boat safety coarse which is 10 hours of class. I have a job that conflicts with the class hours and was wondering about the EPA equivilence exam. Has anybody taken this route before? A one hour test would be a lot easier.

BrianFD

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: boat safety cert.

Richep, dunno if this is the equivalent or not, or if it's honored in your state, but here's an online Boating Safety Course. Maybe you could check to see if it's acceptable. Oh, and there is a fee (Please know that in NO WAY am I affiliated with this site. Thanks!)<br /> Boating Safety Course Online

Bondo

Staff member

I took the 1 linked to by Brian.....<br />It's recognized by NY state... And the Coasties....<br />My Fishing Partner/ Lady Friend is about 1/2 way through it now.....<br />You can take it Anytime, You have the time, at Any/ Many different times.......<br /><br />It's actually a Really Good Program.......<br />I learned Alot......... ;)

18rabbit

Captain

Originally posted by Bondo:<br /> I took the 1 linked to by Brian.....
Yeah, but did you pass??? :D <br /><br /><br />RichEP - if this is your first boat or if you have limted boating experience, attending a basic boating class is a really good idea. If you have experience, sign up for the equiv exam and give it a shot. What happens if you fail?

Bondo

Staff member

As a matter of fact,.... Yes...... :cool: <br /><br />I've even got the Diploma on the kitchen bulletinboard.......... :D <br />And,<br />The Wallet-card with my Fishing Licence......... ;) <br /><br />I can't Believe that the US. Coast Guard Recognizes it,+ CT. Doesn't............ :( <br />Would I be in violation if I boated into CT. waters from NY. ?????