Boat pulls to the right

the unit II

Cadet
I just purchased a 1983 Skeeter Starfire 150 at a very good price. It needs allot of TLC to restore but it runs great and floats with no leaks. My biggest problem is that it pulls to the right. How can I correct this and what is causing the problem? Where can I get the best info on how to rewire all the gadgets on this boat?

ajp

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Boat pulls to the right

There is usually a guide on the lower unit, just above the prop that can be adjusted. I think they set the guide of the boats to go around in circles, so if you fall out of the boat while underway, it will come back to you. Usually to run you over.

D

DJ

unit,<br /><br />The fin protruding, just above the prop, is the "trim tab". It is used to nuetralize steering.<br /><br />Turn the back edge of the trim tab in the direction of the pull. Do this is small increments, until you have "nuetral" steering.

the unit II

Cadet

Hey Admiral, thanks for the help on the trim tab. It was easier than I thought. Another question. My throttle is pretty tough to move, both ways. How can I get this to shift smoother?

cpasseno03

Petty Officer 1st Class

If its the cable itself sticking, some spray juice in there, but me, I like to get a peice of hose and hose clamp it on the cable, and clamp the other end to a grease gun to fill the whole cable with grease. But thats only necessary if it is real bad... As for the steering pull, go get an alignment! :D nono they are right with the "trim tab"<br />Happy boatin<br />Craig