Boat Props

cgrivois

Cadet
Is it realy necesary to buy props from specific dealers, ie merc. suzuki, johnson ect. ect. Are props all that different? Are the splines on the inside different from one make to to the next, or is it as simply as buying the right diameter and pitch?<br /><br />Craig<br />Columbia SC

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Boat Props

Howdy CGRivois.<br /><br />Not all props fit all engines, but there are numerous aftermarket props available through plenty of places, including iboats.<br /><br />Click on Marine Mega Mall at the top of the page.<br /><br />Good luck. :)

sloopy

Commander

Criag, props come in all shapes and sizes from $2,000.00 folding props for sailboat diesels, or a 50 dollar aluminum prop, you can even get a 6 blade multi pitch prop made by a professional prop maker for any engine for a little more then $20,000!!!! WHAT A DEAL!

ob

Admiral

cgrivois,Don't know what motor you are running so I will advise on what I use and run as far as prop selection.On John/Rudes it has been my experience as well as manual recommended to stick with the OMC props that are designed to meet the specific torque curves of your engine and gearing through a wide range of throttle applications.

OBJ

Supreme Mariner

Hey Sloopy.....no plug for Skip's??? What gives?? They fire ya' or somethin'?<br /><br />LOL!!!!<br /><br />Jim :D

sloopy

Commander

Here is Skip's Propeller Service number: 412-469-2160