Boat parts from E-Basic Marine

Status
Not open for further replies.

chevy68

Recruit
E-Basic marine has received a Better Business Bureau rating of "F". This is their lowest possible rating. This is based on their policy of charging a significant fee plus shipping to return parts. They charge this fee even if they send you the wrong part or it's defective. It's always a good idea to check a supplier or organization with the BBB before doing business with them.

rockyrude

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: Boat parts from E-Basic Marine

That's why I always use our sponsor, never a doubt.

haulnazz15

Captain

Well the three times I have used ebasic, they have been perfect. The orders ranged from over $1500 to as little as $50. The large dollar order included a kit with over a dozen different parts, as well as a number of other miscellaneous items. I don't have a single complaint about them considering the quick shipping and correct orders I received.

I haven't had to return anything to them, so I can't attest to the return/restock charges.

QC

Supreme Mariner

Please tread lightly here guys . . . so far, so good, but here's a reminder of the relevant Forum Rule:

5. Reporting experience with any vendor, website or organization must be limited to facts. Unqualified attacks will be considered bashing.

Tailguner

Seaman

almost always iboats has a cheaper price for me and being in so cal i get the items fast. If someone ships the wrong parts and wants to charge me for the return shipping quick call to the credit card and bingo now they can send a ups call shipper tag or they get nothing no money and no returned product!

haulnazz15

Captain

I'm guessing Chevy68 just signed up to do some bashing since he only has 2 posts including this thread, so I would probably take his comment with a grain of salt.

stic88

Petty Officer 1st Class

as all costumer driven services you will have mix ups and mess ups. there is another human being that is on the other end of the line and he or she might be having a bad day. you never know there dog may have died or even something worse. a phone call or two and everything usually get straightened out. if you dont like a certain company then dont shop or go onto there website.

QC

Supreme Mariner

I'm guessing Chevy68 just signed up to do some bashing
Makes sense until you see he joined 7 years ago . . . struck me as odd though too.

sea wolf

Lieutenant Junior Grade

I've ordered from ebasic a few times with never a problem. Back in '03 I ordered a new manifold & riser for my 3.0. The order was at my doorstep in 4 days with free shipping. And they had the best price. Can't beat that.

Brewman61

Ensign

You can't judge a company by one or two rants. Most sellers will get a dis-satisfied customer (for whatever reason) sooner or later, and the vocal ones are quick to vent. When I try a new online merchant, I try and read as many online review about the place as possible- once you get a few hundred ratings, patterns start to develop. So far, I've not had any problems with any places I've done business.

haulnazz15

Captain

Makes sense until you see he joined 7 years ago . . . struck me as odd though too.

True, but since he'd only made one post in 7 years, that's about as good as joining just for the sake of vendor-bashing to me. If he'd had a few dozen posts within the past year or two I wouldn't have thought a thing about it. In any case, as others have mentioned, even the best vendors will mess something up or come across an unforgiving customer every once in a while.

QC

Supreme Mariner

I don't think you're far off. I Just thought the join date was interesting.

Gary H NC

Fleet Admiral

I spent about 4k with ebasic last year...never a problem.
As far as getting the correct parts just call them to verify before placing the order.
They did send me the wrong starter one time.It was their mistake and did not charge me anything to get the correct one shipped out and the wrong one returned.
I use them when i need parts fast,regular ground shipping is next day for me.

Yes,I still buy a lot of stuff from Iboats too..;)

chevy68

Recruit

Amazing how people focus on motives for posting. I read the posts and get info from the forums often. I don't post because I don't know everything. If I did, I would have over 1200 posts and throw out my misguided opinions as to others motives for posting. I merely stated a fact that I found out after being a loyal customer for almost 10 years. 2 extremely bad experiences made me investigate. I didn't bash or detail my experience. I merely provided info that I felt my fellow boaters may appreciate. I am certainly not telling anyone what to do or not do.

haulnazz15

Captain

We appreciate the feedback, but you have to see things from my/most people's point of view: someone we are not familiar with who hasn't contributed to the board comes on and starts bashing on a vendor. It happens on this and every other forum often enough to where it causes me to stereotype it as such. Most of the time, we would never hear from the poster again as they had said their piece and went on their way. Most don't lurk in silence.

Again, no disrespect intended. You should post more often ;).

pcosky

Cadet

Good point, some just lurk and read and learn....I'm one of those.....new to boating and looking for data.....but a post every now and then might not be a bad thing.

H8tank

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I bought a few hundred $$$ worth of stuff and they sent me two of the wrong bellows, they simply sent me the correct part free of charge and a return receipt for the wrong items.

I was very please with ebasic.

5150abf

Vice Admiral

I ordered a CDI form them before I found iboats and they were pretty good, never had to return ti so I don't know about there policy there, now of coarse I use iboats whenever I can.

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

Interesting.

I have used them a few times for odd items and never had a bad experience

I do prefer iboats.

Now I also did some research on the BBB website and I was not able to find any results.

The only references I was able to locate was this post and one other complaint.

I am going to close this thread. It serves no purpose

Status
Not open for further replies.