Boat Manuals

ACGII

Recruit
I just bought a 1986 Wellcraft and need an owners manual. Where do I look? ( Ebay had none listed )

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Boat Manuals

Boat topic.

bayman

Senior Chief Petty Officer

There aren't too many boat manuals out there. Most importantly you want to make sure you have an engine manual since the engine is the most complex piece of equipment on a boat and it gets you where you need to go.

vicsponjr

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I just ordered my OMC manual from beacon, http://beaconmarinesupply.com . They have an 800# or you can search for the manual you need. My particular manual was hard to find. I got it for $40, which is what the beat up ones were going for on eBay.

Solittle

Fleet Admiral

A big welcome your way!!!!<br /><br />bayman nailed it - I have a 1988 23' 1988 Wellcraft cc that I got 12 years ago. I have never needed a manual for the boat and wouldn't know what to do with it if I had one. I was looking at the OMC manual for my engines not an hour ago. Most manufacturers do not install the engines (outboards) since they don't know what the dealer or owner wants to hang on the transom.<br /><br />My Wellcraft is overbuilt as I assume yours is. It rides great and quite heavy for it's size. Best rig I've had in 35 years of boating.

ACGII

Recruit

Bayman, Where do I go to start to look for an engine manual?