Boat list to port on full throttle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Probus

Cadet
Hello,

I know this thread is very old, but i have the same boat/motor combo and have a similar problem. I believe it is the design of the hull that puts the boat on such a narrow surface area contact with the water that when at WOT you can lean left or right and tilt the boat doing so. Im on a very limited budget, but i plan on adding trim tabs to solve the problem.

QC

Supreme Mariner
Re: Boat list to port on full throttle

Hey Probus. I went ahead and started a new thread to get you some more attention. Can you post your boat and hull info for this thread and also add in exactly what you're seeing. Let's not speculate on hull design just yet although deep Vs are known for listing from side to side. The previous thread you attached to was more about consistent list to port, which was probably prop torque. You note both ways, so elaborate some more and we'll help you nail this down. Good luck!!

Boatist

Rear Admiral

Start out by adjusting the motor trim tab. First look at where it is at.
Many have marking so you can note your starting point.
If it has no marking try a magic marker and draw a line acrossed the two surfaces.
When I adjust mine I like to move it a long way. Note the direction and then take a run and note the effect on the boat. After about 3 adjustments You should be close.

Also check that the motor is centered and the weight side too side is pretty even.

Last check for defects in the hull.

JoLin

Vice Admiral

Yes, need info about the boat. Mine's sensitive to passenger movement and beam winds.

My Chris- 24', 8.5' beam, 22 deg. deadrise at the transom.

It rides great in the slop, but Deep-V hulls are "tippy". I adjust the trim tabs constantly.

oldfordcrap

Petty Officer 2nd Class

trim tabs will definetly solve the problem but not exactly cheap even if you do everything yourself, i tried one of those manta-ray fins and it really helped and cheap

oldfordcrap

Petty Officer 2nd Class

sorry forgot to mention adjust the anode with the little finn just above and behined your prop to the port side this sometimes helps good luck!!!

smokeonthewater

Fleet Admiral

you can lean left or right and tilt the boat doing so.
................ to solve the problem.

this is not a problem.... the BEST solution is educating your passengers on balancing the load in the boat.... ie one fat buddy on each side or cooler on one side passenger on the other.....

boats ALL react to the balance of the load in them although obviously that reaction goes down with the size of the boat if the load stays the same....

you can level it with tabs but you will use more fuel and tabs are pricey although moving people and gear around is free

mr 88

Commander

trim tabs will definetly solve the problem but not exactly cheap even if you do everything yourself, i tried one of those manta-ray fins and it really helped and cheap
DO NOT and I repeat DO NOT use any sort of aftermarket device that attaches to the ventilation plate on your outdrive.That plate is not designed to absorb the pressure that is applied with those piece of ^&%$#.You may end up with a chunk of that plate MIA.Trim Tabs yes/ weight distribution yes/ adjust steering anode yes/ Adjust your live weight load yes.Hydro Foil NO NO NO

QC

Supreme Mariner

OP hasn't posted since almost a year ago. We can let this one die guys . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.