Boat Decals

Skintback

Cadet
Does anybody here know where i might be able to find some original boat decals, for my 1983 Skeeter Starfire.<br /><br />Thanks

the unit II

Cadet
Re: Boat Decals

I just purchased this same boat and it needs allot of TLC. My biggest problem is that it pulls to the right. How can I correct this. 1983 Skeeter Starfire 150.

dwyork@hotmail.com

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I have a 1983 Skeeter Starfire 115 and there are 2 companies that sale the original decals for a pretty fair rate on eBay...just go to boat parts and acc. and type in Skeeter you will see the majority of the decals you need there. The rest I purchased from a shop down in TX called Tiny's Fiberglass Repair - http://www.tinysfiberglass.com.

5150abf

Vice Admiral

Maybe search "vinyl letters" on Ebay, there is a place that will custom cut any font and color for super cheap, I think it is 35 cents a letter for 3''.

Just painted my boat and can get my reg #, 2 Sea-Nymphs and a boat name for $22 including shipping.

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Boy, you really had to dig to find this one. 6 years old.

dwyork@hotmail.com

Petty Officer 2nd Class

That's what happens when you get bored just sitting around the house...it's wicked cold here in KS so I figured why not break open some old threads, LOL!

clarkw

Seaman Apprentice

Howdy,

Seems as though some Skeeter decals were found, how about Alumacraft? I have a 1987 Alumacraft Lunker SS and need the side stripes / logos for it. Any ideas??

Thanks

ClarkW

fontgeek

Recruit

You might check with alumacraft themselves, if they don't have the decals, they may be able to supply clean photos of the new boat from their catalogs, then there would be a source for creating digital files to let you have them cut in vinyl or painted.

clarkw

Seaman Apprentice

Thanks for the suggestions. I tried Alumacraft and they just sent me a new catalog and had 2 of their dealers contact me to buy a new boat. I just contacted GreatLakesSkipper and will see what he has to say. I looked on the other site, and will forward a question to them.

Again, thanks.

ClarkW

FirehawkNS

Cadet

Thanks for the suggestions. I tried Alumacraft and they just sent me a new catalog and had 2 of their dealers contact me to buy a new boat. I just contacted GreatLakesSkipper and will see what he has to say. I looked on the other site, and will forward a question to them.

Again, thanks.

ClarkW

Any results on this? I recently inherited (read pulled out of the woods where it had been for 15 years) a 198x alumacraft F16 when my grandfather passed away. I am in the process of restoring it and would love to get the decals on it perfect again.

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

I just purchased this same boat and it needs allot of TLC. My biggest problem is that it pulls to the right. How can I correct this. 1983 Skeeter Starfire 150.

What we have here is a hijacking! Dont nobody move and nobody gets hurt!