Boat Covers and Diesel

Boise_Chief

Recruit
I'm in the market for a new boat cover, and I'm wondering of anyone else has had the same problem. I drive a Diesel truck and I'm getting deposits in the cover. Anywhere it touches the boat I get staining. <br /><br />So I can't decide on a cover. I can get a cockpit cover that just covers the bow and cockpit or I could go with a full travel cover. Any one else have this trouble or have any Ideas?? <br />Sean

airman

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Boat Covers and Diesel

My wife made a cover for a boat with a similar problem from the diesel stove exhaust. She covered the problem areas with Zues fabric. The Zues still gets dirty but it wipes clean much easier than other fabrics. Might work for you too.

Boise_Chief

Recruit

My problem isn't so much keeping the cover clean, it's keeping the boat clean. Exhaust permeates the cover and transfers to the boat. I end up cleanning the boat for an hour after I get there.

Boise_Chief

Recruit

I'm sorry, I must not be explaining it clearly enough. My Diesel truck is leaving deposits on my boat cover while I trailer to or from the lake.<br /><br />I'm wondering if anyone else has had this Problem. I am putting on a downturn tip on the truck exhaust. I am also replacing the cover on the boat. I am wondering if I should buy a cockpit cover, or another travel cover. <br /><br />The question is would it be easier cleanup to clean the hull with a cockpit mooring cover, or is there a better travel cover that will not absorb the diesel exhaust and keep the boat clean.<br /><br />Also if anyone has had this problem and has a novel solution, I appreciate any ideas. :confused: