Boat App or locator for boat launches?

liquidlabfx

Seaman
So I'm right on the Wisconsin border. This is probably the state I'll do my most boating. But you never know right? Any solid suggestions to find public boat launches? Thanks in advance.

airshot

Rear Admiral
Normally the state DNR has a listing of all public boat launching areas in that state.

airshot

Rear Admiral
Yes I've seen many. But they always seem to lean towards great reviews. But in all reality there not always great. Lol
They probably were great when they were new !! People have a real tendency to destroy nice things that are not theirs !!

flashback

Captain
If it's a favorite place you can bet it will be busy, I'd be inclined to go to the least favorable ramps listed on the Internet..LOL

liquidlabfx

Seaman
If it's a favorite place you can bet it will be busy, I'd be inclined to go to the least favorable ramps listed on the Internet..LOL
Right? Lol. I see most complaints are lack of parking. And God knows my kids aren't getting up at 5am during Summer break

airshot

Rear Admiral
I launch and load by myself and at 73, that can be a job if the ramp isn't setup right. I explore ramps to see how user friendly they are. I don't mind a longer boat ride even, to be able to use a good ramp !!

liquidlabfx

Seaman
I launch and load by myself and at 73, that can be a job if the ramp isn't setup right. I explore ramps to see how user friendly they are. I don't mind a longer boat ride even, to be able to use a good ramp !!
I completely understand. And would agree. There are many to choose from out this way. So if one isn't good. I'll look for a better one.

southkogs

Staff member
At least on the lakes around Middle TN, Google Maps lists many of the boat ramps, and has quite a bit of detail on them.

liquidlabfx

Seaman
At least on the lakes around Middle TN, Google Maps lists many of the boat ramps, and has quite a bit of detail on them.
Never thought of Google maps. And they should have good detail. That's a great answer. I can even look at the parking etc. Regardless if it's not 100% up to date! Thank you.

djnordeen

Seaman
Absolutely, use Google Maps. You can zoom in check docks and parking.
Also, sometimes they have YouTube videos of the launch.